What is the best thing about leopard geckos?

I want a pet reptile, but i can't decide. My mom is afraid of lizards, my grandma is afraid of snakes, I don't like turtles.

I want a pet reptile, but i can't decide. My mom is afraid of lizards, my grandma is afraid of snakes, I don't like turtles....
    Other Pet Discussions : What is the best thing about leopard geckos?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is the best thing about leopard geckos?

What is the best thing about leopard geckos? Other Pet Discussions
      I want a pet reptile, but i can't decide. My mom is afraid of lizards, my grandma is afraid of snakes, I don't like turtles.

What is the best thing about leopard geckos? Other Pet Discussions
    • Leopard geckos are a pretty good starter reptile. They are fairly hardy and can be handled a bit, unlike some lizards. Do the research before you buy and make sure you have the right equipment before you bring one home. I also recommend getting a sub-abult rather than a baby if you are a beginner and try to purchase from a reptile specialty store rather than a general pet store. Good luck and have fun.

• Leopard Geckos are great reptile's. They're smart, hardy, and non-aggressive. They are fairly easy to maintain as well, if you don't want a reptile that get's too big. When I was younger I faced the same problem at home with my parents, they hated lizards and snakes. So one day I brought home a bearded dragon. They were obviously upset, but today my parents love lizards. My bearded dragon ended living about 7 years and was a member of the family. My mom even fed him his vegetable bowls. I don't recommend you doing this, but sometimes you won't change someone's mind until you introduce them to their "fear". I hope this works out for you. Just keep in mind that if you do get a reptile, make sure you have a good home for them. Make sure the enclosure is big enough, along with having all the needs met for the specific reptile. Good Luck!

• They're adorable little guys who look like they have smiles and catlike eyes. Plus they come in about a million different color morphs. If you want a beautiful lizard that doesn't require horrendous upkeep, leopard geckos are best.

• I bought my grandson a leopard gecko. When my daughter was growing up, I was scared of any reptiles, rodents ie: mice,gerbils, etc., so she wasn't allowed to have such pets. However, I now have 2 grandsons and the oldest caught a small lizard in my front yard and took it in as a pet. They were living with me! I'm much more adaptive as a grama than I was as a mom. Well, I wouldn't touch it and it did bite him tho he said it didn't hurt. So grama went to the internet. I bought him a beautiful leopard gecko when his other lizard died and would you believe.........I fell in love with here. They are probably the best type of lizard for a child's first pet. They love to be held, do not bite, and I even bought her a tiny leash so she could walk around on our shoulders without escaping. After reading up on them, they are known to be very tame and ideal for kids. Maybe you could show your mom some info on the leopard geckos and their is a lot of info on the internet. God luck, Sweetie. Treeko (my grandson's gecko) is almost 3 yrs old now and doing fine.