Any good methods of exercise dog during the winter season?

I have a 5 month old shih tzu who has A LOT of energy. During the fall it was easy to run him for as long as it took each day. Now it is winter and I live in the Midwest. We have constant snow. How can I give him sufficient exercise when it is cold and…

I have a 5 month old shih tzu who has A LOT of energy. During the fall it was easy to run him for as long as it took each day. Now it is winter and I live in the Midwest. We have constant snow. How can I give him sufficient exercise when it is cold and…...
    Other Pet Discussions : Any good methods of exercise dog during the winter season?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Any good methods of exercise dog during the winter season?

Any good methods of exercise dog during the winter season? Other Pet Discussions
      I have a 5 month old shih tzu who has A LOT of energy. During the fall it was easy to run him for as long as it took each day. Now it is winter and I live in the Midwest. We have constant snow. How can I give him sufficient exercise when it is cold and snowy outside? Obviously outside jogs and dog parks are out of the question. Please help. He is getting very restless and well I could use a little less barking haha.Treadmills? haha sure...ok.

Any good methods of exercise dog during the winter season? Other Pet Discussions
    • Bring him out. Is he a wimp and doesn't like the snow? Then buy some booties for him. Bring him on a few quick walks a day. Even if it is around the block two times. Just make this happen three times a day.Tredmills are good for the rest of the time.

• I know how you feel I live in Maine with a Boston Terrier! With her I just have her walk around the house with me while I finish up some chores. Most of the time though I put her jacket on and we go ofor a run. Just try and keep their blood going and he should be ok while outside. Um.... Just play with him as much as you can in your house. Wish I could be more help

• It's cold and snowy here too (12 degrees F today). We just bundle up and go for a walk every day anyway. I also take my dog to a doggie daycare place twice a week so that she can spend the day running around and playing with other dogs. They have a big indoor play yard when it's too cold to play outside.