How can I take my dogs bone away from her without getting eaten alive?

My sister got my dog a bone for Christmas ( i don't know why),and she growls like im gonna kill her when i walk by her when she's gnawing on it. Does anyone have some suggestions?

My sister got my dog a bone for Christmas ( i don't know why),and she growls like im gonna kill her when i walk by her when she's gnawing on it. Does anyone have some suggestions?...
    Other Pet Discussions : How can I take my dogs bone away from her without getting eaten alive?...

• How can I take my dogs bone away from her without getting eaten alive?

How can I take my dogs bone away from her without getting eaten alive? Other Pet Discussions
      My sister got my dog a bone for Christmas ( i don't know why),and she growls like im gonna kill her when i walk by her when she's gnawing on it. Does anyone have some suggestions?

How can I take my dogs bone away from her without getting eaten alive? Other Pet Discussions
    • Some dogs grow horns when you give them a bone- they think the bone is totally awesome and everyone wants to take it away from them. I suggest you distract her and draw her away from the bone and have someone else remove it whenever you want to get near her. I have a ratterrier and hes obedient and submissive to me but he turned into a little devil this thanksgiving when i gave him a ham bone. When he wasn't paying attention to it he was fine but whenever he was gnawing on it, DANGER! I don't know what it is, this dog only ever love bit me and never growled but he would growl if I stepped near and i poked his bone with my toe and he bit my shoe as hard as he could. Don't let her see you mess with her bone! Even if you think she loves you she might freak the fuck out like mine did.

• Obedience training NOW! The dog doesn't respect you or see you as the pack leader. It is important that you can remove any food item from the dog's mouth if necessary. Both of you need to attend a training class with an experienced dog trainer. Do it sooner rather than later.

• Eventually, the dog will chew the bone up, so just let her chew it and realize that dogs are very territorial about their bones! Or, the dog will try to hide the bone and then go take a nap and you could throw the bone away while the dog is sleeping. But, bones are a good thing for a dog to chew on! I would just allow her to chew it up. Good Luck!

• this might help. i have a dog myself and he is head over tail for frisbees (that was cheasy). he LOVES them and when ever i play frisbee with him, i'll have 2 frisbees so when i throw one, i'll distract him with the other one and pretty soon i would have both the frisbees back. so what you can do is distract her with another bone or a treat or something and then slip in and grab it. hope i helped! ;)

• If my dog DARED growl at me for ANY reason, he'd think Armageddon had come upon him. Do NOT accept this behavior. Get into some form of training classes before you have the dog running your household.

• Take charge as the pack leader. Your dog needs to know and understand that you are in charge Without question and no matter what. If she growls at you for ANY reason, Correct her.