What does it mean when my 14year old cat brings me a shoe?

My female 14 year old cat goes into either my closet or my daughters and is constantly bringing me down one of our shoes. She will even bring one that she already brought downstairs and give it to me in bed while I'm reading at night. Is she looking…

My female 14 year old cat goes into either my closet or my daughters and is constantly bringing me down one of our shoes. She will even bring one that she already brought downstairs and give it to me in bed while I'm reading at night. Is she looking…...
    Other Pet Discussions : What does it mean when my 14year old cat brings me a shoe?...

• What does it mean when my 14year old cat brings me a shoe?

What does it mean when my 14year old cat brings me a shoe? Other Pet Discussions
      My female 14 year old cat goes into either my closet or my daughters and is constantly bringing me down one of our shoes. She will even bring one that she already brought downstairs and give it to me in bed while I'm reading at night. Is she looking for attention?

What does it mean when my 14year old cat brings me a shoe? Other Pet Discussions
    • She's showing off. She's bringing you a treat. Cats like to impress their owners by bringing them things. My dads cat will bring him birds, moles and lizzards and leave them at the back door. He just wants a pat on the back. I thinks he thinks it's a good thing.

• no....... she is saying when i die will you put these and my litter box in my grave with me so if i come back alive i won't be bord.............................................. Well of course she want attention what else would it be?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

• Cats seem to believe bringing their "catch" to you is a way to show their respect and prowess.Your older cat may be trying to show she's 'still got it'. Her sense of smell may be off due to age. If these are leather or older shoes, she may think she's bringing you a kill.

• wow 14 years ole, that is one big kitty....My kitten brings me all sorts of stuff, tissue, underwear, plush toys...and so on....I don't know, maybe he wants you to wear them

• Cats are naturally group animals, and you are the de facto leader of the pride. When cats go on a hunt, they bring the prey back to the den and give it to the leader. He gets first pick of it, and the rest of the cats have what's left. Ours did the same thing with mice and bugs. Your cat is just bringing you her hunting trophies.