What filter should I use for a planted aquarium?

I've asked before but the filters that were suggested didn't fit what I want. I want a filter that has high water turnover but little water disturbance. I want to keep from adding more oxygen to my take because of a powerful filter. I've seen some…

I've asked before but the filters that were suggested didn't fit what I want. I want a filter that has high water turnover but little water disturbance. I want to keep from adding more oxygen to my take because of a powerful filter. I've seen some…...
    Other Pet Discussions : What filter should I use for a planted aquarium?...

• What filter should I use for a planted aquarium?

What filter should I use for a planted aquarium? Other Pet Discussions
      I've asked before but the filters that were suggested didn't fit what I want. I want a filter that has high water turnover but little water disturbance. I want to keep from adding more oxygen to my take because of a powerful filter. I've seen some planted tanks with a similar look with ripples caused by filters but I don't know what kind they are using. Does anyone know what is being used? By the way I'm setting up a 40 gallon tank.Fishless-Do you run it with the 66 gallon size or the 40 gallon size? Also does the one you put the link for come with all required tubing and sealants?

What filter should I use for a planted aquarium? Other Pet Discussions
    • A canister filter is what I use in my planted aquarium. I have a 40 gallon heavily planted community tropical fish tank. The filter in it is an EHEIM 2213 canister filter. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002AQXTA/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0002AQXTA&linkCode=as2&tag=petkeegui-20EHEIM is a German brand, and they make the best canister filters. You can easily pointing the outflow tube in a corner or parallel to the water surface in order not to bother the plants.

• I also use a canister filter in my heavily planted tank. I use a Fluval 406. I have it set up so the flow runs down the front of the tank (55 gallon). The intake is in the center of the back of the tank. On the opposite back corner from the intake I have a powerhead that pushes water along the back of the tank. This creates a circular current in the tank. I have the flow from the powerhead tipped slightly upwards which gives the ripple.So it could well be that the ripples you see in some are created by powerheads such as this one.http://www.kensfish.com/moreinfo/maxi-jet-600-power-head.html

• A JAD Sponge filter http://www.fishphilosophy.co.uk/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=8 104f will filter 110 litres comfortably running from a single air line, subject to what plants you are having I'd consider have two of these one at each end as the over filtration and the flow from the filter certainly will not cause disruption but will filter the tank to a good level.