What kind of tail does a siberian husky have?

I love siberian huskies, and have wanted one my whole life, but i'm not sure what kind of tail they have. I've seen pictures where they have tails that are bushy and fall down like a fox or wolf tail, but i've also seen them with tails that curl up. I…

I love siberian huskies, and have wanted one my whole life, but i'm not sure what kind of tail they have. I've seen pictures where they have tails that are bushy and fall down like a fox or wolf tail, but i've also seen them with tails that curl up. I…...
    Other Pet Discussions : What kind of tail does a siberian husky have?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What kind of tail does a siberian husky have?

What kind of tail does a siberian husky have? Other Pet Discussions
      I love siberian huskies, and have wanted one my whole life, but i'm not sure what kind of tail they have. I've seen pictures where they have tails that are bushy and fall down like a fox or wolf tail, but i've also seen them with tails that curl up. I think they're more common with the bushy tails, but are both excepted in the breed? Or are the pictures i'm seeing with the curly tails not pure-breed siberians?

What kind of tail does a siberian husky have? Other Pet Discussions
    • TailThe well furred tail of fox-brush shape is set on just below the level of the topline, and is usually carried over the back in a graceful sickle curve when the dog is at attention. When carried up, the tail does not curl to either side of the body, nor does it snap flat against the back. A trailing tail is normal for the dog when in repose. Hair on the tail is of medium length and approximately the same length on top, sides and bottom, giving the appearance of a round brush. Faults--A snapped or tightly curled tail; highly plumed tail; tail set too low or too high.From AKC breed standard> http://www.akc.org/breeds/siberian_husky/index.cfm

• Siberian huskies have whats called a snap tail, this is where the tail is carried over the back but towards the tip comes in contact with the back, but when in motion, cowering, or when standing alert, then the dogs tail is carried strait down between there legs