What is a good exotic pet that is legal in California for a child?

My cousin loves exotic pets and wants one for her birthday. She wants a low-mantainence and not very expensive pet. We live in California and we need it to be legal there.Oh yes, she is 9 years old

My cousin loves exotic pets and wants one for her birthday. She wants a low-mantainence and not very expensive pet. We live in California and we need it to be legal there.Oh yes, she is 9 years old...
    Other Pet Discussions : What is a good exotic pet that is legal in California for a child?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is a good exotic pet that is legal in California for a child?

What is a good exotic pet that is legal in California for a child? Other Pet Discussions
      My cousin loves exotic pets and wants one for her birthday. She wants a low-mantainence and not very expensive pet. We live in California and we need it to be legal there.Oh yes, she is 9 years old

What is a good exotic pet that is legal in California for a child? Other Pet Discussions
    • A chinchilla. They are so cute and soft! I used to have one when I was younger. They look like a bunny but with a squirrel tail. They aren't very difficult to care for either.

• How old is she?I had a bunny when I was 7.A rooster and turkeys at 8...Later I had a few ducks.But I also had the space for all of them.Green Iguanas are cool, not extreme low maintenance.

• 1) How old is your cousin?2) Do her parents agree to the pet?3) Even in CA, an exotic pet permit is required hence the family must allow unannounced visits to ensure the exotic pet's well being.Do you think they REALLY want to deal with this?

• a nine year old does not need an exotic pet. no pet is low maintanence. if you want a good pet for a child that will be easy to take care of with parents help, i suggest a rat. They're very friendly, don't bite, and are clean, however, they do need human contact every day.

• Unfortunately, Sugar gliders, ferrets and hedgehogs are illegal in California. :(You CAN get a Chinchilla! They are pretty low maintenance, but they tend to bite if you get them storebought.I had one. He lived for about four, five years.