How can I make my dog stop digging in my yard?

My dog just wont stop digging in my yard, How can I make him stop destroying my yard?

My dog just wont stop digging in my yard, How can I make him stop destroying my yard?...
    Other Pet Discussions : How can I make my dog stop digging in my yard?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How can I make my dog stop digging in my yard?

How can I make my dog stop digging in my yard? Other Pet Discussions
      My dog just wont stop digging in my yard, How can I make him stop destroying my yard?

How can I make my dog stop digging in my yard? Other Pet Discussions
    • i have the same problem,well maybe get a shock coller and shock him when you see him doing it.or go to a pet shop and see if thay have something you can spray around your yard..

• digging is a natural behavior.. if your dog is a breed that was created to hunt underground (terriers for eg.) then you should have realized this when you got the dog, and to take that part of his nature away will cause mental problems for him..you can put in a dog run with cement blocks but he might just make his paws bloody...more walking more mental games more toys will helpObedience lessons might help too since it gives his mind some excercise and a busier mind wont mean he is bored - digging can be a sign of boredom - if he is an intelligent type of breed then he definately needs some mental games/thingswhat breed is he??

• You don't give the breed. Some breeds will dig every chance they get. Other dogs will dig from boredom. Take you dog for long walks. Teach him some new tricks. Reinforce his obedience training. In other words keep his mind busy. Some dogs just can not be left outside unsupervised.

• You could provide him with his own area to dig in. A sort of canine sand pit.You encourage him to his area by burying biscuits or toys and praising him when he digs in his place.If he digs where you don't want him to tell him off and then encourage him back to his sand pit and praise him there.Dogs are natural diggers (some more than most) so what he is doing is normal dog behaviour but it can be very annoying if he is making a mess of your yard.

• Dogs will not dig up decorative lava rock...so, cover the ground in your flower beds with the rock.I leave one area for the dog to dig, and place toys and other fun stuff there to encourage destruction in that area.All other dig spots get a handful of lava rock. Once the area is no longer of interest, I remove the rock and replace the grass.