Why my dog starts running very fast in the house from 1 room to another?

For no reason at all, my dog sometimes starts running very fast from 1 room to another all over the house. I do not understand such behavior. Suddenly he just becomes too hyper. He can hit himself against the wall or furniture running like this. After…

For no reason at all, my dog sometimes starts running very fast from 1 room to another all over the house. I do not understand such behavior. Suddenly he just becomes too hyper. He can hit himself against the wall or furniture running like this. After…...
    Other Pet Discussions : Why my dog starts running very fast in the house from 1 room to another?...

• Why my dog starts running very fast in the house from 1 room to another?

Why my dog starts running very fast in the house from 1 room to another? Other Pet Discussions
      For no reason at all, my dog sometimes starts running very fast from 1 room to another all over the house. I do not understand such behavior. Suddenly he just becomes too hyper. He can hit himself against the wall or furniture running like this. After making 8 to 10 rounds all over the house, he lays down on the carpet and falls asleep. He is a 2 year old Himalayan Sheepdog. It is a very rare breed of dog and most people have never heard of it.

Why my dog starts running very fast in the house from 1 room to another? Other Pet Discussions
    • He has the zoomies. Dogs are crazy sometimes and every now and then they will get this burst of energy where they just want to run around. Its a dog thing.

• my dog does that (please help answer my question on why my dog has scabs and is losing fur) he just gets hyper all of a sudden. its normal. just play wiith him and give him walks. if your dog is a puppy then they will do that a lot cause they are soo energetic.

• You didn't state how old they are. Puppies can tend to be hyperactive until they are 1 to 2 years of age!When she was a puppy, my Golden Retriever would literally run around in a perfect "figure 8" in my backyard for 20 minutes at a time. I was like, "WTF is wrong with my crazy-as$ dog?"The answer is that there's nothing wrong. But if your dogs aren't puppies anymore, then it's obvious that they just need some more exercise!

• as often as pet dogs do this, it is not actually natural. Its usually to do with pent up energy frustration and enegry. Make sure you keep your dog stimulated with long walks and even give him a kong to help stimulate him. Dogs like to be busy and they need to think and explore. :)

• Hi,Your dog is exhibiting normal puppy behavior. Most young dogs will do this once in a while. Hopefully you know that this breed is very active and is not really suitable for life in the big city. This breed is a working breed and is not usually kept in a non-working situation. Because of the amount of stimulation the dog needs, if you don't have acres of land for your dog run, he will need lots of exercise daily in order to work out some of his "kinks" and keep him healthy.Hope this helps!.