What is the best thing to use to get rid of my neighbour's american pit bull?

I'm thinking meat soaked in something thrown over the fence - any suggestions on what would do the job?

I'm thinking meat soaked in something thrown over the fence - any suggestions on what would do the job?...
    Other Pet Discussions : What is the best thing to use to get rid of my neighbour's american pit bull?...

• What is the best thing to use to get rid of my neighbour's american pit bull?

What is the best thing to use to get rid of my neighbour's american pit bull? Other Pet Discussions
      I'm thinking meat soaked in something thrown over the fence - any suggestions on what would do the job?

What is the best thing to use to get rid of my neighbour's american pit bull? Other Pet Discussions
    • Do NOT even think about doing this or anything else to that dog. Call the police or animal welfare people if you are having problems with it. Animal abuse is punishable by law. You are not God and have no right to judge this animal or take its life. You should be the one that is shot or poisoned for even thinking of doing this to someone else's animal. This dog is only defending its property and owners. You are only promoting more aggression by your attitude. Pit bulls are great dogs and after looking at your picture, I'd rather have a pit bull than you around. You have been reported. I just received the following article from the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. Maybe it will make you change your mind about Pit Bulls.Looking Beyond the Rap!Good people and great ideas are helping pit bulls make their way back into society's good graces. By Amy AbernRay is a bad seed from Los Angeles. The sum of a dysfunctional family, poverty, and the need to survive at all costs, Ray evolved into the very definition of a thug. At 18, he is at risk for pending most of his life in prison after being tried and convicted as an adult for gangrelated activities.In the detention center where he is incarcerated, Ray plays alpha male as head of one of he "gang" factions. During Christmas, he and his "boys" were treated to some homemade desserts in the spirit of the holidays. When Ray learned the other boys at the center weren't getting any sweets, he took action. Ray held an impromptu meeting with his "posse" put some chocolate chip cookies on a plate, handed them to a guard and said, "Here. Give those guys some. Everyone should get something special today."Acts of kindness don't come easy to Ray. Nor does patience or trust. But he's learning. His teachers are pit bulls. The animals come from Tia Torres, owner of Villalobos Rescue Center, a rehabilitation and placement facility for abused and abandoned pit bulls in Los Angeles County. While the dogs wait for families to adopt them, they take part in a program that matches them up with incarcerated youth. The program began when Torres approached the Los Angeles sheriff?s department with an idea: She would teach the juveniles how to care for these dogs. When the youth were released, they could live on her ranch and help care for the more than 200 dogs awaiting adoption."These are the kids society threw out," said Torres. "And pit bulls are the dogs no one wants. It seemed like a perfect match."Rather than focusing on traditional dog training, like teaching "sit" and "stay"commands, Torres centers each class around a different dynamic, like patience and trust. Torres says humans and canines learn together.You have to remember that some of these kids are experiencing positive responses from other living things for the first time," said Torres. "And it's the same thing with the dogs."In a perfect world, all of Torres' canine boarders would find wonderful families to love them. But the reality suggests that's not going to happen. Training the pit bulls is Torres' personal solution to giving the dogs a chance to lead quality lives. Her pit bull organization and others like it are up against the same problems facing pits across the nation: The general public has deemed the breed dangerous and aggressive. Too many members of society's underbelly continue to profit from breeding pits specifically to fight.Some people who get pit bulls don't take on the special responsibility necessary to properly raise a well-tempered pit. Breed-specific legislation is cropping up all over to ban the breed from certain communities and cities. And, in their policies, insurance companies are free to lay down any rules they want restricting any kind of animal.While there isn't a single solution to undo years of bad press, individuals and organizations are getting creative in ways that are making a difference in the lives of these much-maligned animals. Dog trainer Bill Berloni suggests that with a little tweaking, the pit bull could become the next darling of the dog world. The state of Virginia has sent a clear message to pit bull owners - the people, not the dogs, are responsible for the actions of their canine friends. And pit bull rescuer Gwen Ralph finds that she's changing negative public perception one person at a time.Pit bulls on BroadwayAs long as the public continues to blame the animals and not their human counterparts for the breed?s behavior, there will be a problem finding loving homes for these misunderstood creatures. Bill Berloni deals with this issue every day in his work. He trains animals ? rescues only ? for Broadway shows, TV and movies. He also serves as director of animal behavior for the Humane Society of New York City. For the Broadway production of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Berloni trained eight dogs to jump in concert on cue. He said the smartest of the bunch was an 80-pound pit bull named Harriet. "She was the sweetest animal, so affectionate and so well-trained, but because she was big and black and had this huge jaw, no one wanted her," said Berloni. "So we took her in as our pet, and she's the best."He loves pit bulls and feels they are not just innocent bystanders, but victims of societal prejudice. "Is the dog or society to blame for their fate? Of course it's society," said Berloni.Who's responsible?Some people go out of their way to promote the aggression and fight instinct in pit bulls, but sometimes, sadly, all it takes is neglect to bring out the bullishness in the breed. Deanna Large of Spotsylvania, Virginia, owned three pit bulls. They may have been well-behaved while fenced in her backyard, but more often than not, Large let them roam the neighborhood. One day, her dogs attacked and killed 82-year-old Dorothy Sullivan and her dog, Buttons. James Martin and Heather Frango of Suffolk, Virginia, had two pit mixes, Ox and Little Girl. On most nights, the dogs slept outside. But when Little Girl gave birth to puppies, the couple brought the whole brood into their basement. Each parent told a different story as to what happened next, but the bottom line is that their two-year-old son, Jonathan, was left alone with the dogs and was mauled to death.In both cases, the dogs were sent to animal control and their people were held responsible. Large was convicted of involuntary manslaughter; Martin and Frango were charged with second-degree murder, felony child neglect and abuse, and involuntary manslaughter.Both incidents sparked the writing of Virginia Senate Bill 200, which would prosecute people for the bad acts of their animals. The bill, introduced by Senator Ed Houck, would create six crime categories in relation to irresponsible dog ownership, ranging from a class two misdemeanor for one animal biting another person's companion animal to a class six felony for a lethal canine attack. Maureen Hill-Hauch, program director of the American Dog Owners Association, helped write the bill with Senator Houck. The ADOA was founded in the 1970s to address the issue of dog fighting. Hill-Hauch said the organization focuses on the importance of responsible dog ownership and training. "A dog does not get up in the morning and say, 'I think I'm going to open the door, let myself out and relieve myself,'" said Hill-Hauch, who shares her home with five pit bulls. "Dogs don't make decisions. We're punishing dogs for human errors."Francis Battista, director of outreach for Best Friends, agrees. "We as animal people have a responsibility to all animals to know what we?re teaching them," he said, "and to see that they stay out of trouble, which means better training and not letting them roam."Understanding the characteristics of each breed, and why the dogs were bred in the first place, makes training the animals easier. "Heelers were bred for a specific purpose, as were border collies," Battista said. "Pits were bred for fighting each other-not bred to be people-aggressive. But now they're a fad breed, and we're encouraging them to be aggressive toward humans."Bullying behavior is much more characteristic of people than the pit breed itself, Battista said. If the purpose of having the dog is to show off or be tough, then the dog will be taught to be intimidating. As an alternative to euthanasia and breed bans, Best Friends is working with groups and individuals nationwide to help people develop the skills to properly train pits. A collaborative training program was conducted at Best Friends' hurricane relief center in Tylertown, Mississippi, where many of the yet-to-be-adopted dogs were pit bulls.One convert at a timeGwen Ralph works with Turtle Moon Rescue, a small pit-bull foster organization in Alabama. Besides finding loving homes for these animals, she claims the next best action to take on behalf of the breed is education. Ralph, who lives with five pits, uses the park as her classroom. "I'll be walking in the park with my dogs and will watch people go out of their way to avoid me," said Ralph. "And then I'll purposely go up to them and introduce the dogs and let them see for themselves that they're just the sweetest creatures on earth."One of her most important converts turned out to be a young fight-breeder. The man bragged about his pit's prowess in the ring. Ralph said she asked him, 'What is so great about a dog whose eyes you can't see because they're swollen shut, whose lips have been completely bitten off or whose legs have been broken?'"She said the man thought for a minute and replied, "I guess it's not such a good idea."As much as she champions the breed, she knows that some pits, through no fault of their own, will never be trustworthy. Ralph took in a foster pit for six months who "98 percent of the time was nothing but love." But the dog had been beaten by his previous person and never quite lost the impulse for aggression. After the dog bit Gwen?s uncle, the animal was euthanized. "It's the hardest thing in the world to put down a dog, but sometimes there's just no other alternative," said Ralph.Ralph admits it will take a long time before the general public as a whole learns the truth about most pit bulls - that "they're the biggest, sweetest babies you could ever know."Sometimes Ralph doesn't even have to say a word to get her message across. Catch her on a day when she and her "babies" are walking down the street in matching sweatshirts.The logo says it all: "I'm a pet, not a threat."

• you dont need to poison this dog how would you like it if they poisoned one of your animals and if its inside a fence then leave the poor dog alone i mean gee you have no right to even think of poisoning this dog how would you like it if you where him and someone through something over the fence to you that you though was food and then poof your dead i mean move to california there tryin to pass an extenction law there

• You appear to be one of those folks who like to 'shake things up' a bit. (I looked at your profile).While I doubt this is a serious question, I will answer as if it was, for any other reader out there you may be thinking of the same question.First no one has the right to kill another person's pet, unless it is a life threatening situation.Pits get a bad enough rap, with out you adding more fuel to the fire.There are some bad dogs out there, but most of the time it's the bad owners that are the real problem. Owning a dog, requires certain responsibilities, and owning a large breed more, and large protective breed tops the list!If you do have a problem owner next door, you have several choices.Go next door and have a talk with them, it could be a miss understanding. In 'your case' take an extra brew with you.If the dog is a real threat, contact your local animal enforcement. If it's only a miss understanding, you might be able to come up with a peaceful agreement.

• I agree totally with Robin's answer. I own two pit bulls and i would press charges if anyone abused one of my dogs for no reason. Maybe you should talk with your neighbor about any concern's you may have with their dog.

• 1. steal a kid manican from walmart2. cover manican in ketchup and red dye3. throw over fence and call cops4. cop think dog mauled kid5. dog gets sent to pound(dog gets killed owner kill you!)6. doggy go bye bye!!!!!!!!! ps. why wouldnt u want a dog around?

• Leave the dog alone. You do something to this dog and that is murder. Do you know what the laws for something like this are. I have very low tolerance for people like you and people like you will pay the price for your actions one day. Just because it is a pitbull doesn't mean it is a bad dog. I took care of my brothers for a couple of months, and she was the sweetest dog ever. They are not all bad. Do not do anything to this dog.

• Buy a bigger, very pissed off pit bull. Throw your dog into the yard, while they are fighting, run them both over with your tractor. You could explain to your neighbor, you were mowing his lawn "as a favor" and you thought the dogs were wild badgers.

• do not try to do anything about your neighbor's pit bull by your selfit will only get u into trouble talk to your neigbor tell them their dogis bothering u and if that does not work call the police and tell them. poisining is a cruel and imature way of handling things if u have any common sense and a heart u will want to do theright thing and talk to your neighbor or the police. DON'T TAKE THE LAW INTO YOUR OWN HANDS!