What common plants are cats allergic to?

These plants are common in the home.They are not poisonous to Humans or most mammals, but they can be brought in the house by a well meaning friend/relative.Its easy to keep a cat away from cleaning solution etc, but theses are far more dangerous!

These plants are common in the home.They are not poisonous to Humans or most mammals, but they can be brought in the house by a well meaning friend/relative.Its easy to keep a cat away from cleaning solution etc, but theses are far more dangerous!...
    Other Pet Discussions : What common plants are cats allergic to?...

• What common plants are cats allergic to?

What common plants are cats allergic to? Other Pet Discussions
      These plants are common in the home.They are not poisonous to Humans or most mammals, but they can be brought in the house by a well meaning friend/relative.Its easy to keep a cat away from cleaning solution etc, but theses are far more dangerous!

What common plants are cats allergic to? Other Pet Discussions
    • Poinsetta, Philodendron and Deifenbachia for sure... there's probably others. Now me, I have three tabbies and they have never shown an interest in my houseplants - just not salad eaters I guess - so it's not an issue for me. Good for you for keeping the kitties safe.

• Cat Plant Eating Survey - The Veterinary Behavior Service at the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine is currently conducting a study investigating why dogs and cats eat plants (grass, flowers, leaves, twigs, etc.). Although many theories have been proposed, this is the first study to scientifically investigate the age-old question "Why do dogs and cats eat grass?" The more information we gather, the better we will understand this behavior. You can help by submitting data. Please complete this survey - Cat Plant Eating Survey. November 2004------------------------------...Plants add the needed finishing touches to any decor. But, if you have a feline, that beautiful plant could become a deadly enemy. Listed here are plants poisonous to cats that must be avoided if there are cats in your home. Note that lilies(*), in particular, are dangerous to cats. While in some cases, just parts of a plant (bark, leaves, seeds, berries, roots, tubers, spouts, green shells) might be poisonous, this list rules out the whole plant. If you must have any of them, keep them safely out of reach. Should your feline friend eat part of a poisonous plant, rush the cat to your veterinarian as soon as possible. If you can, take the plant with you for ease of identification. Plants Poisonous to CatsAlmond (Pits of) Aloe Vera Alocasia Amaryllis Apple (seeds) Apple Leaf Croton Apricot (Pits of) Arrowgrass Asparagus Fern Autumn Crocus Avacado (fuit and pit) Azalea Baby's Breath Baneberry Bayonet Beargrass Beech Belladonna Bird of Paradise Bittersweet Black-eyed Susan Black Locust Bleeding Heart Bloodroot Bluebonnet Box Boxwood Branching Ivy Buckeyes Buddist Pine Burning Bush Buttercup Cactus, Candelabra Caladium Calla Lily Castor Bean Ceriman Charming Dieffenbachia Cherry (pits, seeds & wilting leaves) Cherry, most wild varieties Cherry, ground Cherry, Laurel Chinaberry Chinese Evergreen Christmas Rose Chrysanthemum Cineria Clematis Cordatum Coriaria Cornflower Corn Plant Cornstalk Plant Croton Corydalis Crocus, Autumn Crown of Thorns Cuban Laurel Cutleaf Philodendron Cycads Cyclamen Daffodil Daphne Datura Deadly Nightshade Death Camas Devil's Ivy Delphinium Decentrea Dieffenbachia Dracaena Palm Dragon Tree Dumb Cane Easter Lily * Eggplant Elaine Elderberry Elephant Ear Emerald Feather English Ivy Eucalyptus Euonymus Evergreen Ferns Fiddle-leaf fig Florida Beauty Flax Four O'Clock Foxglove Fruit Salad Plant Geranium German Ivy Giant Dumb Cane Glacier IvyGolden Chain Gold Dieffenbachia Gold Dust Dracaena Golden Glow Golden Pothos Gopher Purge Hahn's Self-Branching Ivy Heartland Philodendron Hellebore Hemlock, Poison Hemlock, Water Henbane Holly Honeysuckle Horsebeans Horsebrush Horse Chestnuts Hurricane Plant Hyacinth Hydrangea Indian Rubber Plant Indian Tobacco Iris Iris Ivy Jack in the Pulpit Janet Craig Dracaena Japanese Show Lily * Java Beans Jessamine Jerusalem Cherry Jimson Weed Jonquil Jungle Trumpets Kalanchoe Lacy Tree Philodendron Lantana Larkspur Laurel Lily Lily Spider Lily of the Valley Locoweed Lupine Madagascar Dragon Tree Marble Queen Marigold Marijuana Mescal Bean Mexican Breadfruit Miniature Croton Mistletoe Mock Orange Monkshood Moonseed Morning Glory Mother-in Law's Tongue Morning Glory Mountain Laurel Mushrooms Narcissus Needlepoint Ivy Nephytis Nightshade Oleander Onion Oriental Lily * Peace Lily Peach (pits and wilting leaves) Pencil Cactus Peony Periwinkle Philodendron Pimpernel Plumosa Fern Poinciana Poinsettia (low toxicity) Poison Hemlock Poison Ivy Poison Oak Pokeweed Poppy Potato Pothos Precatory Bean Primrose Privet, Common Red Emerald Red Princess Red-Margined Dracaena Rhododendron Rhubarb Ribbon Plant Rosemary Pea Rubber Plant Saddle Leaf Philodendron Sago Palm Satin Pothos Schefflera Scotch Broom Silver Pothos Skunk Cabbage Snowdrops Snow on the Mountain Spotted Dumb Cane Staggerweed Star of Bethlehem String of Pearls Striped Dracaena Sweetheart Ivy Sweetpea Swiss Cheese plant Tansy Mustard Taro Vine Tiger Lily * Tobacco Tomato Plant (green fruit, stem and leaves) Tree Philodendron Tropic Snow Dieffenbachia Tulip Tung Tree Virginia Creeper Water Hemlock Weeping Fig Wild Call Wisteria Yews -- e.g. Japanese Yew English Yew Western Yew American Yew i was dumfounded when my vet told me this-there are so manny-and so manny common plants-some are not indoor but theses are all that you should stay away from! Source(s):www.cfainc.org/articles/plants... and my vet who sent me here after a tarrible day with my well missed cat

• I dont know many but im positive of fox gloves, and don't worry about it too much. Just moniter what she's eating, cats shouldn't eat that many plants at all. If your still concerned ask a vet.