How many times a year should female dogs get their period?

How many times a year should/do female dogs get their period?Every how many months?---------------------I'm editing this to thank all who've helped me with my question. Thank you!But I did notice SUNSHINE_TODAY running her mouth--assuming that my dog has…

How many times a year should/do female dogs get their period?Every how many months?---------------------I'm editing this to thank all who've helped me with my question. Thank you!But I did notice SUNSHINE_TODAY running her mouth--assuming that my dog has…...
    Other Pet Discussions : How many times a year should female dogs get their period?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How many times a year should female dogs get their period?

How many times a year should female dogs get their period? Other Pet Discussions
      How many times a year should/do female dogs get their period?Every how many months?---------------------I'm editing this to thank all who've helped me with my question. Thank you!But I did notice SUNSHINE_TODAY running her mouth--assuming that my dog has been pregnant and assuming all those UNTRUE lies! "Sunshine_Today", my dog has NEVER been pregnant! And I haven't even bread her yet!My dog's only 1 1/2 years old and I got her when she was about 6-8 months (I don't remember). She had her period around that time for about a whole month and I don't recall her getting it there after.Thats why I was asking this question! *So, thank you for you rudeness, Sunshine*.

How many times a year should female dogs get their period? Other Pet Discussions
    • Usually twice a year, but up to three times a year. Usually it lasts between 2 and 3 weeks. Usually thir heat cycle comes every 6-8 months, but that varies from dog to dog, as well as from breed to breed.If you want specifics, look up 'X (X being whatever your dog breed is) heat cycles' on yahoo search, you'll get more info more suited to your specific circumstance.

• People like you should not be allowed to have animals. You obviously just let them breed and breed and you tax the system and cause a lot of needless animal suffering with your selfish ignorant ways.

• yeah don't listen to the bad mouthing, they have no idea usually...anyway, it's usually 2 times a year as mentioned above, but for wolves and therefore for quite a few other not-over-bred breeds it's only once a year!