What should I be on the lookout for to tell if fibrosarcoma tumor has started to regrow?

My eight year old kitty had her left hind leg amputated 16 days ago due to an aggressive tumor that proved to be a fibrosarcoma. She had her sutures removed 3 days ago and she has a tiny "knot" on the end of her healed incision.

What should I be on the lookout for to tell if fibrosarcoma tumor has started to regrow?

My eight year old kitty had her left hind leg amputated 16 days ago due to an aggressive tumor that proved to be a fibrosarcoma. She had her sutures removed 3 days ago and she has a tiny "knot" on the end of her healed incision. ...
    Other Pet Discussions : What should I be on the lookout for to tell if fibrosarcoma tumor has started to regrow?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What should I be on the lookout for to tell if fibrosarcoma tumor has started to regrow?

What should I be on the lookout for to tell if fibrosarcoma tumor has started to regrow? Other Pet Discussions
      My eight year old kitty had her left hind leg amputated 16 days ago due to an aggressive tumor that proved to be a fibrosarcoma. She had her sutures removed 3 days ago and she has a tiny "knot" on the end of her healed incision.

What should I be on the lookout for to tell if fibrosarcoma tumor has started to regrow? Other Pet Discussions
    • It could be just scar tissue, and the ends tend to pucker after an amputation. You'll notice a hard lump that gets bigger in size if a tumor is regrowing. If it's scar tissue it should get smaller over time. If it's worrying you, have the vet take a peek to ease your mind.