other than taking my cat to the vet, how can I tell if she's pregnant?

or if she's just fat? Also, how long is a cat's gestation period? And please no lecture on why didn't I get her spayed, she's a stray I found, and now I think she may be preggo.

or if she's just fat? Also, how long is a cat's gestation period? And please no lecture on why didn't I get her spayed, she's a stray I found, and now I think she may be preggo....
    Other Pet Discussions : other than taking my cat to the vet, how can I tell if she's pregnant?...

• other than taking my cat to the vet, how can I tell if she's pregnant?

other than taking my cat to the vet, how can I tell if she's pregnant? Other Pet Discussions
      or if she's just fat? Also, how long is a cat's gestation period? And please no lecture on why didn't I get her spayed, she's a stray I found, and now I think she may be preggo.

other than taking my cat to the vet, how can I tell if she's pregnant? Other Pet Discussions
    • a cats gestation period is an average of 63 days. give or take a few days. if shes far enough along that she looks very large then feel around gently pushing on her tummy and see what you feel. hold your hand on her tummy you may be able to feel movement. if you do then its prolly 2-3 weeks or less away. if your planning to keep her the humane has low cost spaying and they will spay a pregnant cat its like a human having an abortion.

• If her belly feels particularly swollen and distended - and out of proportion with the rest of her - she may well be pregnant.The only way to be sure is to take her to the vet I'm afraid. Or wait and see if she pops out a load of kittens.Maybe think about getting her spayed once she's reared her babies (if she is pregnant)?

• your cat obviously will start lookin chunkier(fat). If you have had the cat for the past month and she was in heat and then left your house for a whole day and night-a week then i bet she is pregnant. If you google to see how much your cat should be eating and such and you are over feeding then shes just fat CONGRATS on your new addition to the family

• You either want kittens or not, and don't tell me how awful his is because cats don't take long to get pregnant:Take the cat and get it spayed. It doesn't matter if the cat is pregnant. Do the responsible thing. I had to, so you aren't the first one.

• Um, my sister's cat just got pregnant. It took about 4 weeks, I think, and we could see and feel the kittens move. I don't remember how long the gestation period is, though.

• feel your cat's stomach region...if she is preggo, then the "fat" will be significantly harder and her nipples will be slightly larger. The gestation period for a cat is 9-10 weeks, I just had a cat that had kittens 2 1/2 weeks ago, they are so cute! And we already have people who want to take them when they are ready (about 6 weeks old). Good Luck!