My cat Fox has blood in his stool, how can I stop this?

My cat Fox is long hair male 7 years old and has had blood in his stool off and on throughout his life. He has recently started having blood in his stool and diarrhea again, I feed him Super Store no name three flavour cat food. (Beef, Seafood and…

My cat Fox is long hair male 7 years old and has had blood in his stool off and on throughout his life. He has recently started having blood in his stool and diarrhea again, I feed him Super Store no name three flavour cat food. (Beef, Seafood and…...
    Other Pet Discussions : My cat Fox has blood in his stool, how can I stop this?...

• My cat Fox has blood in his stool, how can I stop this?

My cat Fox has blood in his stool, how can I stop this? Other Pet Discussions
      My cat Fox is long hair male 7 years old and has had blood in his stool off and on throughout his life. He has recently started having blood in his stool and diarrhea again, I feed him Super Store no name three flavour cat food. (Beef, Seafood and Chicken) The ash content is 6.5% and the magnesium is 0.13%. He also gets Whiskas Temptations cat treats. Could any of these be causing his problem? My other cat Lynx is a male tabby age 6, and does not have these problems.I am going to switch his food to Purina ONE® Sensitive Systems, it says it is easily digestible ingredients, like rice and oat meal, for your cat's sensitive stomach.

My cat Fox has blood in his stool, how can I stop this? Other Pet Discussions
    • There is no way to tell for sure what is wrong with your cat. But anytime you see blood in a st ool then you absolutely MUST get it to the vet!! It is a sign of internal bleeding.

• He may be allergic to the cheap food, but chances are there is something more serious wrong with him.TAKE YOUR CAT TO THE VET. Collect a sample of the stool and take that with you.

• Take him to the vet immediately and ask the vet about cure, treatments and cat food. Please, cat food from PetCo or PetSmart is so much better and not THAT much more. They have sales, you can be a member and get discounts.Please take special care of your pet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Its not something to get super worried about. I have three cats, and every so often I see the same thing. It just means that his stomach is irritated. Your other cat may not have these problems because she may not be as sensitive to foods and such. It also depends on how long they have been eating the food. I often see the blood when I have recently changed their food. Sticking to the same food is always good. If the issue doesn't change, incorporate their food with something like Science Diet (very healthy) or take him to the vet.Good luck with the kitty

• in the past did you take your cat to the vet about the bloody stool? if so there is a slight possibility that what ever your vet diagnosed in the past is the same diagnosis now. But my advice would be to just take the cat to the vet just to be sure.