Cat neuter- next day, anesthetic??

If you had your cat neutered, did it take a couple days for it to be normal after the anesthetic? My cat got neutered yesterday morning and all he is doing still is sleeping... and sleeping... and purring... and sleeping. Just wondering how long is takes…

If you had your cat neutered, did it take a couple days for it to be normal after the anesthetic? My cat got neutered yesterday morning and all he is doing still is sleeping... and sleeping... and purring... and sleeping. Just wondering how long is takes…...
    Other Pet Discussions : Cat neuter- next day, anesthetic??...

• Cat neuter- next day, anesthetic??

Cat neuter- next day, anesthetic?? Other Pet Discussions
      If you had your cat neutered, did it take a couple days for it to be normal after the anesthetic? My cat got neutered yesterday morning and all he is doing still is sleeping... and sleeping... and purring... and sleeping. Just wondering how long is takes for them to get back to normal (hes usually a little hellion!)Thanks!

Cat neuter- next day, anesthetic?? Other Pet Discussions
    • Probably slow recovery to the anasthesia? I grew up on a farm and we used to do them in a piece of stove pipe. They're fine the next day but we didn't use anasthesia. Did hogs too! Cows we had to knock down or they'd knock you out!I'd say putty will survive his tramatic ordeal just fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• My cat was back on his toes within 2 hours of his neuter. In fact, my vet called and begged me to pick him up because he kept on grabbing at them every time they passed his cage. He wanted out and wanted to get on his with his life.If it's been more than 24 hours from his neuter and he hasn't completely recovered, I would give your vet a call.Did you just get him neutered or was he declawed as well?? That can take a long time to bounce back from unless you have great pain management.

• It can take a couple of days for the anasthesia to wear off. Surgery is a major shock to the body. And because of the anasthesia, he will be groggy for a couple of days. Just give him extra loves and let him know you're there.Hey, at least he's purring. Maybe he hasn't noticed that anything is missing, yet... lol.

• Yes, it will take a couple of days at least to get all the anesthetic out of his system. A lot of it depends on how much was used and his reaction. Our oldest cat laid around for 4 days and the younger ones recovered faster.

• I am having the same thing happening. My kitten was spayed monday and is still doing nothing but sleeping and putting. im keeping her hydrated by using syringe to give her water. I have been told to keep her hydrated and warm and if shes not better to call them back.

• Yep I have had 6 cats all have that done and all of them were tired for the next couple of days. They almost acted "drunk" having issues with their balance and not able to jump that well. They also do not eat or drink that much when they are like that. Your cat will be like that for a few days just give him/her love and lots of petting he/she will be happy. If it last longer than a week I would contact the vet and let them know about it some animals do have recations to the meds used. I hope our little one feels better! Oh he might be a little sore in the stomach area for a few weeks, try not to touch him/her or pick him up there. Also if he is not running around but is eating and drinking he is just sore!

• That's OK. Some cats bounce back from anesthesia after a few hours, while some take a couple of days. One of my cats bounced back fairly quickly, while the other took a while - slept all day and all night and just wanted to lay around for another day. Then he was himself again.