what is reasonable for a vet to charge to drain an abscess on a medium size dog?

The abscess is on the dogs neck. It will require general anesthesia, shave, a small incision.

what is reasonable for a vet to charge to drain an abscess on a medium size dog?

The abscess is on the dogs neck. It will require general anesthesia, shave, a small incision....
    General Dog Discussions : what is reasonable for a vet to charge to drain an abscess on a medium size dog?...

• what is reasonable for a vet to charge to drain an abscess on a medium size dog?

what is reasonable for a vet to charge to drain an abscess on a medium size dog? General Dog Discussions
      The abscess is on the dogs neck. It will require general anesthesia, shave, a small incision.

what is reasonable for a vet to charge to drain an abscess on a medium size dog? General Dog Discussions
    • Who are we to say how much all those things are going to cost the vet. You should be calling them about the price. If something seems off about it then ask them to break it down for you so you know what you're paying for.

• For anesthesia, clip-and-clean, surgery equipment, and antibiotics, I'd guess at least 150 dollars. You have to factor in extra charges just in case.. pain medications, plastic drains, etc.

• Here, I have my old vet bill from when my Dane had an abcess on her foot... I thought it was broken since it was so swollen so I took her to the e-vet...Exam/Emergency- $105Radiograph (Xray) - $65 to make sure no bones were brokenAnaglesia Injection (pain killer im guessing)- $40Buprenorphine Injection- $9.73Abcess Lance & Flush- $35Bandage Wound/Incision Small- $26Rx. Clavamox 375mg tablets (antibiotics) - $168 <<<totally worth itE-Collar Clear 30''-$29.75Rx. Rimadyl Chewable 100mg tablets (anti-inflammatory)- $58Total: $536.48So minus the e-visit, x ray, and collar you won't need, and that your dog is smaller than a Dane and would require less meds... I'd estimate around $200-$280