What precautions to take after getting my dog neutered?

I'm getting my Golden Retriever neutered at 6 months old. Is there anything that I shouldn't let him do afterward? How long will it take for him to heal up?

I'm getting my Golden Retriever neutered at 6 months old. Is there anything that I shouldn't let him do afterward? How long will it take for him to heal up?...
    General Dog Discussions : What precautions to take after getting my dog neutered?...

• What precautions to take after getting my dog neutered?

What precautions to take after getting my dog neutered? General Dog Discussions
      I'm getting my Golden Retriever neutered at 6 months old. Is there anything that I shouldn't let him do afterward? How long will it take for him to heal up?

What precautions to take after getting my dog neutered? General Dog Discussions
    • Post surgical care instructions will be sent home with you when you pick him up, especially anything specific to him. Most post op instructions state:-Keep activity restricted for 7-10 days. This includes no running NO JUMPING, NO PLAYING WITH OTHER DOGS, and no long walks. Pet should be kept indoors, and put on leash to be taken outside for bm/urine.-Some dogs may be nauseous for 48 hours, do not be alarmed if appetite is decreased. Please feed a bland diet, of chicken and boiled white rice, or readily made bland diet from your vet. If your pet is not eating or drinking at all, please contact your vet.-If internal sutures were used, there is no need for removal, they will dissolve on their own.-If external sutures are used, please book an appointment in 14 days to have them removed-DO NOT allow your dog to lick, bite or otherwise pick at the incision site, this will inhibit healing, may cause infection, or damage to the sutures. If your dog attempts to do this, an e-collar will be provided to you-check incision site daily. It should be kept clean and dry. There should be no redness, swelling, foul odor, or discharge. If you notice any of these symptoms contact your vet immediately. -Give all post op medications as per drug label. If given an NSAID for pain (eg Metacam) make sure to give with a meal. -If any problems occur, or you have any questions, please call your veterinarian.