How long will my dog sleep after surgery?

She is a pug. She just got stitches after a dog bite i picked her up two hours ago. The vet said she would wake up in a hour and its well passed that time. She is 12 years old. The vet said it will take awhile for older dogs to wake up after surgery but…

She is a pug. She just got stitches after a dog bite i picked her up two hours ago. The vet said she would wake up in a hour and its well passed that time. She is 12 years old. The vet said it will take awhile for older dogs to wake up after surgery but…...
    General Dog Discussions : How long will my dog sleep after surgery?...

• How long will my dog sleep after surgery?

How long will my dog sleep after surgery? General Dog Discussions
      She is a pug. She just got stitches after a dog bite i picked her up two hours ago. The vet said she would wake up in a hour and its well passed that time. She is 12 years old. The vet said it will take awhile for older dogs to wake up after surgery but how long?

How long will my dog sleep after surgery? General Dog Discussions
    • The vet let her go before she woke up?? First off please never take an animal back to that vet. Try to rub her and pick up her head and try to get her to wake up. There's many problems dogs can have when they are waking up which is why a good vet will never allow a dog to leave until at least 5-8 hours after surgery.