How will I know when my dog's stitches (from her spay) are ready to come out?

It's been 9 days and the incision looks good. Where the stitches actually go into her skin look a little red. It almost looks like the skin is trying to heal around the stitches.

It's been 9 days and the incision looks good. Where the stitches actually go into her skin look a little red. It almost looks like the skin is trying to heal around the stitches....
    General Dog Discussions : How will I know when my dog's stitches (from her spay) are ready to come out?...

• How will I know when my dog's stitches (from her spay) are ready to come out?

How will I know when my dog's stitches (from her spay) are ready to come out? General Dog Discussions
      It's been 9 days and the incision looks good. Where the stitches actually go into her skin look a little red. It almost looks like the skin is trying to heal around the stitches.

How will I know when my dog's stitches (from her spay) are ready to come out? General Dog Discussions
    • You shouldn't try to figure it out yourself. If the vet is worth anything, you have already been told when the stitches need to come out. If you can't remember what you were told or were never told in the first place, a phone call is free.

• Your vet should have informed you when the stitches should be removed and they should only be removed by your vet or one of their registered technicians. Usually it is 10 days to two weeks post surgery but it should first be looked at by the vet to make sure they are truly ready to come out and the incision has healed.