How to check if my dog has a cuncussion?

My brother was just playing with my small dog (cavalier king charles spaniel) and said that she jumped off the hammock while he was trying to get her down and landed on her side, maybe hit her head. Shes probably fine but what should I check for? Is…

My brother was just playing with my small dog (cavalier king charles spaniel) and said that she jumped off the hammock while he was trying to get her down and landed on her side, maybe hit her head. Shes probably fine but what should I check for? Is…...
    General Dog Discussions : How to check if my dog has a cuncussion?...

• How to check if my dog has a cuncussion?

How to check if my dog has a cuncussion? General Dog Discussions
      My brother was just playing with my small dog (cavalier king charles spaniel) and said that she jumped off the hammock while he was trying to get her down and landed on her side, maybe hit her head. Shes probably fine but what should I check for? Is there any way to see if she as a cuncussion? Should I look for anything else?

How to check if my dog has a cuncussion? General Dog Discussions
    • If she passes out, she had a concussion. Rush her to the vet.Other things are an abnormal heart rate or capillary refill time. Is she acting dizzy? Is there any visible sign of injury on her head? Does she have a fever? Is she refusing to eat or drink? Take her to the vet if any of these signs show up. I hope this helps!

• A dog who has a concussion will have been unconscious. If its a minor concussion, the dog's only out for a very short time. But a head injury isn't the only thing you need to worry about. Your dog could have injured her spine, neck, shoulder, etc. If she's limping, not acting normally in any way, throwing up - things like that, she needs the vet.