Is it okay to use herbal essence shampoo on my dog?

I usually use dog shampoo, but the closest store that sells it is almost 30 minutes away & there's a ad storm out =/ My dog got out today & is filthy! I know most human shampoos aren't okay to use, but would a diluted version be fine?Do you think it…

I usually use dog shampoo, but the closest store that sells it is almost 30 minutes away & there's a ad storm out =/ My dog got out today & is filthy! I know most human shampoos aren't okay to use, but would a diluted version be fine?Do you think it…...
    General Dog Discussions : Is it okay to use herbal essence shampoo on my dog?...

• Is it okay to use herbal essence shampoo on my dog?

Is it okay to use herbal essence shampoo on my dog? General Dog Discussions
      I usually use dog shampoo, but the closest store that sells it is almost 30 minutes away & there's a ad storm out =/ My dog got out today & is filthy! I know most human shampoos aren't okay to use, but would a diluted version be fine?Do you think it would be better to use just conditioner? I have a lot of it.

Is it okay to use herbal essence shampoo on my dog? General Dog Discussions
    • Yes, just don't wash his face and stay away from his eyes. I've used it on my Persian and my vet said the only risk was drying of the skin. Hopefully, you have the matching conditioner - I'd mix the two and work from his neck back.

• In the past I have used this on my dogs, however I rarely give them a bath.If you are in doubt, don't use this.After a dirty walk, I clean my dogs with warm water. Like I said I rarely bath them. Instead get a bucket of warm clean water and use a sponge to get rid of the muck and mud. Mud smells and sets on their coats, just use clean warm water to clean your dog.

• it is not something you would want to do on a regular basis as dogs and peoples skin have a different pH ... but a one off with serious rinsing would be okay ... don't use conditioner though ...

• No it is not !!! Go buy some dog shampoo. I wouldn't risk it. I did that to one of my dogs and she had some sort of allergic reaction and we had to get her shaved. She fine now but still don't risk it