How to know when dog incisions have healed?

it's been 4 weeks already since my 8 month dog's incision, the redness, swellness has all gone away by the 3rd week. just curios if it's already healed? it looks healed all the way but i want to make sure.

it's been 4 weeks already since my 8 month dog's incision, the redness, swellness has all gone away by the 3rd week. just curios if it's already healed? it looks healed all the way but i want to make sure....
    General Dog Discussions : How to know when dog incisions have healed?...

• How to know when dog incisions have healed?

How to know when dog incisions have healed? General Dog Discussions
      it's been 4 weeks already since my 8 month dog's incision, the redness, swellness has all gone away by the 3rd week. just curios if it's already healed? it looks healed all the way but i want to make sure.

How to know when dog incisions have healed? General Dog Discussions
    • If there is no opening, there is no redness, there is no swelling and the dogs stomach, or incision area looks normal without any serious scarring or scabs than they dog is done healing.If there is still minute redness, swelling, scarring, or puss and fluid around the incision area than I wouldn't mess with it.Call your vet just to be sure as I can't see the incision on my computer with out a picture.

• It's healed. Removable incisions can some out 10-14 days after suturing. If your dog has dissolvable sutures you are all set. Otherwise, go back to the vet for removal. That charge is almost always included in the initial surgery so if nothing else is needed, the suture removal visit will be free.