Can you give a Macaw benedryl?

She has all ready had a round of antibiotics and eye drops to clear a sinus infection. Could benedryl or something else help drain the space around her eye? It got better with the medication but didn't completely get cured. She's still rubbing it. I take…

She has all ready had a round of antibiotics and eye drops to clear a sinus infection. Could benedryl or something else help drain the space around her eye? It got better with the medication but didn't completely get cured. She's still rubbing it. I take…...
    General Dog Discussions : Can you give a Macaw benedryl?...

• Can you give a Macaw benedryl?

Can you give a Macaw benedryl? General Dog Discussions
      She has all ready had a round of antibiotics and eye drops to clear a sinus infection. Could benedryl or something else help drain the space around her eye? It got better with the medication but didn't completely get cured. She's still rubbing it. I take her in the bathroom for the steam for about 10 minutes every night also right now. The area around her eye (the white part) is still too puffy and red with pghlem. That mucus needs to drain out. Any other suggestions?

Can you give a Macaw benedryl? General Dog Discussions
    • I seriously wouldn't recommend that. I personally would go to a better vet for a new round of antibiotics. An avian certified vet is a must. An every day dog and cat vet won't be able to help you with your bird, or at least not very well.