my dog has epilepsy and the vet wants to put her on potassium bromide. How much does this cost?

My dog is 11lbs and small! So I wouldn't think she would need a huge dose of this medicine! Have any of you treated your animal with this medicine? How much does it cost? Did it help them? Thanks

my dog has epilepsy and the vet wants to put her on potassium bromide. How much does this cost?

My dog is 11lbs and small! So I wouldn't think she would need a huge dose of this medicine! Have any of you treated your animal with this medicine? How much does it cost? Did it help them? Thanks...
    General Dog Discussions : my dog has epilepsy and the vet wants to put her on potassium bromide. How much does this cost?...

• my dog has epilepsy and the vet wants to put her on potassium bromide. How much does this cost?

my dog has epilepsy and the vet wants to put her on potassium bromide. How much does this cost? General Dog Discussions
      My dog is 11lbs and small! So I wouldn't think she would need a huge dose of this medicine! Have any of you treated your animal with this medicine? How much does it cost? Did it help them? Thanks

my dog has epilepsy and the vet wants to put her on potassium bromide. How much does this cost? General Dog Discussions
    • Many Epileptic dogs do really well on KBr, however some dogs suffer from liver and digestive problems due to the KBr. While, it is always recommended to try alternatives (like KBr) before steroids as your vet suggested... I would actually ask your vet to prescribe Sodium bromide (NaBr) instead of KBr. NaBr does not cause the GI problems, but works the same way as KBr.As far as inquiring about costs, it is best to ask your veterinarian. Cost greatly depends on location and varies from vet office to vet office!