My dog has nerve damage on one side of his face. Is it painful for him?

He has been treated for ear infection twice this last year. The vet said his nerve will not recover. He has had this for over a year and just started staggering and falling one week ago. He also walks around in circles and is very restless. He is now…

He has been treated for ear infection twice this last year. The vet said his nerve will not recover. He has had this for over a year and just started staggering and falling one week ago. He also walks around in circles and is very restless. He is now…...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog has nerve damage on one side of his face. Is it painful for him?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My dog has nerve damage on one side of his face. Is it painful for him?

My dog has nerve damage on one side of his face. Is it painful for him? General Dog Discussions
      He has been treated for ear infection twice this last year. The vet said his nerve will not recover. He has had this for over a year and just started staggering and falling one week ago. He also walks around in circles and is very restless. He is now taking nausea and thyroid meds and eye drops. His eye has not blinked in one year and is very red and somewhat sunken looking. Is that also normal?

My dog has nerve damage on one side of his face. Is it painful for him? General Dog Discussions
    • Nerves are what make us feel so if he has loss of nerves he will not feel anything or have reduced sensation.At my vet surgery we have a cavalier that has facial pausie (nerve damage) due to Cushings disease (hyperadrenocorticism), it comes and goes. His owners give him "Natural tears" to help with his non blinking. Its normal for these eyes to be sunken and red, buit the more you lucricate them the better.