What are our treatment options for my Pug who has a torn cornea?

We were told he may have to have an Enucleation but I would like to hear from others who have had pets with a torn cornea and if there are other options besides removing the eye. I feel so bad for my little guy.

We were told he may have to have an Enucleation but I would like to hear from others who have had pets with a torn cornea and if there are other options besides removing the eye. I feel so bad for my little guy....
    General Dog Discussions : What are our treatment options for my Pug who has a torn cornea?...

• What are our treatment options for my Pug who has a torn cornea?

What are our treatment options for my Pug who has a torn cornea? General Dog Discussions
      We were told he may have to have an Enucleation but I would like to hear from others who have had pets with a torn cornea and if there are other options besides removing the eye. I feel so bad for my little guy.

What are our treatment options for my Pug who has a torn cornea? General Dog Discussions
    • a torn cornea is actually a very serious injury. depends on the case really. i honestly have never seen one heal to the point that the dog recovered full vision. honestly enucleation may be your best option. talk to your vet and get his honest opinion about his chances of recovering from this. ask him what his decision would be if this was his animal. thats the best way to get a real feel for what their true opinion is. good luck and hope he feels better soon