Dog is getting a mange dip friday but came from shelter. Should i give bath anyways?

My poor pup suffer from dermedex mange so he has to get a mange washThe problem is his skin is verrrrry sensitive and i do not want to irritate it anymore than it already is. However i am concerned about germa considering he came from a shelter to foster…

Dog is getting a mange dip friday but came from shelter. Should i give bath anyways?

My poor pup suffer from dermedex mange so he has to get a mange washThe problem is his skin is verrrrry sensitive and i do not want to irritate it anymore than it already is. However i am concerned about germa considering he came from a shelter to foster…...
    General Dog Discussions : Dog is getting a mange dip friday but came from shelter. Should i give bath anyways?...

• Dog is getting a mange dip friday but came from shelter. Should i give bath anyways?

Dog is getting a mange dip friday but came from shelter. Should i give bath anyways? General Dog Discussions
      My poor pup suffer from dermedex mange so he has to get a mange washThe problem is his skin is verrrrry sensitive and i do not want to irritate it anymore than it already is. However i am concerned about germa considering he came from a shelter to foster home to my home. Do you think i should bathe my puppy and risk irritating his frail body/skin? Or no, because he is getting a bath friday?

Dog is getting a mange dip friday but came from shelter. Should i give bath anyways? General Dog Discussions
    • You should definitely wait. Dog should never be bathed more than once a week, usually even biweekly.Call your vet and ask, be prepared to give them the brand and type of shampoo.

• Call the vet you're taking him to and see if they can do the dip tomorrow. While on the phone ask them what they think about bathing him. Note - after the dip, DO NOT bathe him.If you got him from a foster home and not the shelter i wouldn't worry about bathing him anyway. A foster home is just a person's home just like yours.