What is the best book for someone who is interested in getting a toy fox terrier puppy?

I really want one but I want to make sure I will be able to take good care of it.

What is the best book for someone who is interested in getting a toy fox terrier puppy?

I really want one but I want to make sure I will be able to take good care of it....
    General Dog Discussions : What is the best book for someone who is interested in getting a toy fox terrier puppy?...

• What is the best book for someone who is interested in getting a toy fox terrier puppy?

What is the best book for someone who is interested in getting a toy fox terrier puppy? General Dog Discussions
      I really want one but I want to make sure I will be able to take good care of it.

What is the best book for someone who is interested in getting a toy fox terrier puppy? General Dog Discussions
    • Toy Fox Terriers are a smaller, spunkier version of a Fox Terrier. They are shorthaired and come in a variety of colors. Their tails are usually docked when they are puppies and they carry their docked tails high. They don't think they are small dogs at all. Toy Fox Terriers are very good watchdogs because they are very intelligent, alert and usually fearless. Here are some tips and tricks to help you care for your Toy Fox Terrier. 1. You should look for a puppy who has been socialized and is not afraid of people. You should continue to handle him and socialize him after you bring him home. 2. Toy Fox Terriers have very few grooming requirements. To keep their coats shiny and remove dead hair, you should brush them at least once or twice a week gently with a soft brush. 3. Keep their nails trimmed short and wipe carefully inside their ears with a soft cloth. 4. You should take your Toy Fox Terrier to the vet at least once a year for a checkup, shots and heartworm check. 5. Toy Fox Terrriers are great dogs for an apartment since they are small and do not require much more exercise than a couple of daily walks. 6. Toy Fox Terriers are not good outside dogs as they do not tolerate the cold. Their small bodies and sleek hair coats do not give them much protection from cold weather. 7. Toy Fox Terriers can also be difficult to housetrain in the winter because they hate to go outside in the cold or snow. 8. Feed your Toy Fox Terrier a good quality dog food to meet all of his nutritional needs. If you are not sure what food will work best, consult your veterinarian. 9. Do not let Toy Fox Terriers loose around strange dogs as they think are bigger than their size. They are feisty and will take on the larger dog even if they are outsized. 10. This breed is not always good with small children as sudden moves may startle them. Toy Fox Terriers are small and sometimes feel threatened when young children grab for them or try to pick them up. They generally do better with older children. 11. These mighty minis do like to yap, and if left alone for several hours at a time, may develop a barking habit.If you are considering a Toy Fox Terrier as an addition to your household, consider some of the information above. They are relatively easy to care for, but they do not tolerate cold. Toy Fox Terriers are a great breed for a small apartment since they are small and can easily get their exercise even in limited space.

• The Toy Fox Terrier: Wired for Action by John F. Davidson or, for a quicker read, Know Your Toy Fox Terrier from the Know Your Pet Library series of books. I think the second one is out of print, so you'd probably need to look for a used copy on a place like Amazon.You'll love the TFT...easy to care for and very cute personalities. I was given my first TFT over 30 years ago, and since then, I've never been able to go without one for very long. All of my babies were different, of course, but that same TFT spirit has been unmistakable in every one. You can't help but smile, if not laugh out loud, whenever you spend any time with one of these mighty mites. They're wonderful little dogs!