3 month old Male Pug coughing and sometimes spitting up undigested puppy food, usually starts in the evenings ?

after taking a walk. We live in Washington State so the weather is cold and wet right now... Just wondering if this is normal or does it require immediate attention any help would be appreciated.

3 month old Male Pug coughing and sometimes spitting up undigested puppy food, usually starts in the evenings ?

after taking a walk. We live in Washington State so the weather is cold and wet right now... Just wondering if this is normal or does it require immediate attention any help would be appreciated....
    General Dog Discussions : 3 month old Male Pug coughing and sometimes spitting up undigested puppy food, usually starts in the evenings ?...

• 3 month old Male Pug coughing and sometimes spitting up undigested puppy food, usually starts in the evenings ?

3 month old Male Pug coughing and sometimes spitting up undigested puppy food, usually starts in the evenings ? General Dog Discussions
      after taking a walk. We live in Washington State so the weather is cold and wet right now... Just wondering if this is normal or does it require immediate attention any help would be appreciated.

3 month old Male Pug coughing and sometimes spitting up undigested puppy food, usually starts in the evenings ? General Dog Discussions
    • Our puppy does that too. He is fine most of the time, but sometimes throws up. I don't think it's anything to worry about. If it gets worse, and especially if he gets dehydrated, I'd take him to a vet. Some (on YA) have told me to take my pup to a vet, but as I said, 99% of the time, he's ok. Just watch and make sure he doesn't seem sick. It could just be a nervous or sensitive tummy.

• How soon after he eats do you take him for a walk? Dogs shouldn't exercise for at least an hour before or after eating. If that's not the problem, you might want to talk to either his breeder for advice or call the vet.

• He been eating bones?, Happens after dinner, bone fragments caught in throat, food gets caught on bones. Dog coughs. Here are some rules and knowledge. Some dogs can eat anything, and never have a problem. others will gag on anything. ok, chicken bones, never. any other bones are usually safe, unless they have been frozen. Once frozen, when they thaw they are brittle, and splinter, and bits get caught in the dogs throat. He will eventually cough it up, I hope. No bones about it.

• I would bring him/her in. She's a puppy. So it can be a respiratory infection, kennel cough, or he/she may need to be wormed or checked for something obstructing her from keeping the food in. I am not a vet. I read a lot. Own dogs. And watch a lot of animal planet. So those are just guesses. One other thing it may be-the food. She may need hypoallergenic food. I wouldn't bring her out in the bad weather, especially since she hasn't finished her vaccination schedule.