Can I order a new rabbies tag for my dog?

I took in a dog from a woman who could no longer care for her. She gave me her shot record (all in spanish) and I see the rabbies vaccine on here. But the woman did not have her tag. Can I simply order a new tag since I have the sticker from the…

I took in a dog from a woman who could no longer care for her. She gave me her shot record (all in spanish) and I see the rabbies vaccine on here. But the woman did not have her tag. Can I simply order a new tag since I have the sticker from the…...
    General Dog Discussions : Can I order a new rabbies tag for my dog?...

• Can I order a new rabbies tag for my dog?

Can I order a new rabbies tag for my dog? General Dog Discussions
      I took in a dog from a woman who could no longer care for her. She gave me her shot record (all in spanish) and I see the rabbies vaccine on here. But the woman did not have her tag. Can I simply order a new tag since I have the sticker from the vaccine? And who would I contact to do this?

Can I order a new rabbies tag for my dog? General Dog Discussions
    • You need to know whether the rabies vaccine is up to date or expired. The shot record will have the date given and when the vaccine expires. If the rabies vaccine is expired, then the dog needs to be given the vaccine. You can't get a tag for an expired rabies vaccine, and the vet will give you a tag when you get the dog vaccinated.If the vaccine is still good, the vet who examines the dog may give you a new tag, just ask them about that. Anytime you get a new dog, it should been examined at the vet shortly after you get it.

• The best thing for you to do would be to take the dog into the vet for a wellness check and bring in the papers that you have on the dog. Maybe the vet can read spanish and figure out when the shot was given. I believe that to get another tag, you need to go through the vet anyway.