Why is my cat shooting a tan liquid from her butt?

She doesn't do it all the time, but sometimes if she accidentally gets cracked on the head or pushed she will shoot a tan liquid from her anus. For example, today I gently pushed her back legs to get her to move and she shot it. What could be wrong?I…

She doesn't do it all the time, but sometimes if she accidentally gets cracked on the head or pushed she will shoot a tan liquid from her anus. For example, today I gently pushed her back legs to get her to move and she shot it. What could be wrong?I…...
    General Dog Discussions : Why is my cat shooting a tan liquid from her butt?...

• Why is my cat shooting a tan liquid from her butt?

Why is my cat shooting a tan liquid from her butt? General Dog Discussions
      She doesn't do it all the time, but sometimes if she accidentally gets cracked on the head or pushed she will shoot a tan liquid from her anus. For example, today I gently pushed her back legs to get her to move and she shot it. What could be wrong?I know that she doesn't have diarrhea. She has perfectly normal poo in the cat box.

Why is my cat shooting a tan liquid from her butt? General Dog Discussions
    • cats (and dogs) have gland on their anus called "anal glands" they secrete a very smelly fluid that is usually expelled with the animal poops. Some animals have very loose anal glands and when they play or are freaked they express the glands themselves. I have one cat who has very loose glands.. Dogs tend to have a harder time expressing them, and will often have to go into the vet to have it done manually