Will someone help me with my Ball Python?

I just got my ball python yesterday and know nothing about them..This may sound silly but earlier today it seemed like he was tryin to deficate and this pinkish thing was coming out of his anus.. I didn't know what it was but i thought it would come out…

I just got my ball python yesterday and know nothing about them..This may sound silly but earlier today it seemed like he was tryin to deficate and this pinkish thing was coming out of his anus.. I didn't know what it was but i thought it would come out…...
    General Dog Discussions : Will someone help me with my Ball Python?...

• Will someone help me with my Ball Python?

Will someone help me with my Ball Python? General Dog Discussions
      I just got my ball python yesterday and know nothing about them..This may sound silly but earlier today it seemed like he was tryin to deficate and this pinkish thing was coming out of his anus.. I didn't know what it was but i thought it would come out or go back in there...This happened around 3 earlier today and it still there...Could someone please tell me what this is?.... If you want to add anything else that you think I should know about my new snake feel free to add it.

Will someone help me with my Ball Python? General Dog Discussions
    • ok, first off basics to ball pythons.You need an adequte sized cage.about half the length of the snake (which will be upgraded as the snake grows)locked or secure cage topheat pad(pet store)lamp dimmer (wal-mart)digital thermometer with probe (wal-mat)put heat pad under tank (do NOT stick it to the bottom of the cage)hook up lamp dimmer to heat pad, plug in, turn dial down a little bit.put probe under substrate, over heat pad, inside cagekeep adjusting temps until it stays between 90 and 95 degree's.Keep a bowl of water in there, fresh daily..As for the pink thing, it could be the snakes penis, though I don't know why it would be showing unless there is a female around ready to breed.You need to find a good snake vet and take him there ASAP as there could be SEVERAL things that is wrong with the snake.

• As far as basic husbandry goes try this website http://www.repticzone.com or just look on Yahoo for care sheets for them. The pink thing you saw sounds like what is called a prolapse(I think is tha name of it). This is when the insides are on the outside. This needs to be seen by a knowledgeable HERP vet IMMEDIATELY!!! A regular cat/dog vet usually doesn't know enough about a snake to be much help.