is it important to have your dogs anal glands secreted?

my dog (yorkie mix) has a lump between his scrotum and anus is this caused because he needs to have his anal glands secreted?

my dog (yorkie mix) has a lump between his scrotum and anus is this caused because he needs to have his anal glands secreted?...
    General Dog Discussions : is it important to have your dogs anal glands secreted?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• is it important to have your dogs anal glands secreted?

is it important to have your dogs anal glands secreted? General Dog Discussions
      my dog (yorkie mix) has a lump between his scrotum and anus is this caused because he needs to have his anal glands secreted?

is it important to have your dogs anal glands secreted? General Dog Discussions
    • The anal glands are located inside the rectum at exactly 4 and 8 o'clock. If they were full, you would not be able to physically see them. Signs of the anal glands needing to be expressed can be butt dragging, butt chewing, straining while defecating. Anal glands only need to be expressed when the canine cannot express them through defecation. What you are describing sounds unrelated to the anal glands and should be examined by a vet. It could be a tumor or an infection. It also may have to do with whether or not your male is neutered. Sometimes after the male is neutered, internal bleeding can occur within the sac of the empty scrotum. This can cause swelling and pain due to the filling of blood and other fluids. Once again, have a vet diagnose this for you. It could be very serious.