Why does my dog have trouble going to the toilet. She really struggles and is either constipated or diarrhea.?

I've tried different foods, good stuff and cheaper alternatives but she still walks round the garden back arched. I've also noticed her anus is protruding a little. I had her glands squeezed but it didn't do any good. Help would be appreciated. Many…

Why does my dog have trouble going to the toilet. She really struggles and is either constipated or diarrhea.?

I've tried different foods, good stuff and cheaper alternatives but she still walks round the garden back arched. I've also noticed her anus is protruding a little. I had her glands squeezed but it didn't do any good. Help would be appreciated. Many…...
    General Dog Discussions : Why does my dog have trouble going to the toilet. She really struggles and is either constipated or diarrhea.?...

• Why does my dog have trouble going to the toilet. She really struggles and is either constipated or diarrhea.?

Why does my dog have trouble going to the toilet. She really struggles and is either constipated or diarrhea.? General Dog Discussions
      I've tried different foods, good stuff and cheaper alternatives but she still walks round the garden back arched. I've also noticed her anus is protruding a little. I had her glands squeezed but it didn't do any good. Help would be appreciated. Many thanks

Why does my dog have trouble going to the toilet. She really struggles and is either constipated or diarrhea.? General Dog Discussions
    • It sounds like an intestinal problem. Maybe parasites. You should probably take a stool sample into the vets office to know for sure. I would stick with one food and not change it. Changing foods really does a number on a dogs digestive system. As for her anus, I would bet that she has hemorrhoids due to the staining to go potty. As for the pumpkin that someone suggested, that only works for constipation.