How to help your dog poop/digest?

My 1 year old chihuahua just recently got a bulge in his stomach. He moves very slowly as if it's really heavy. I assume that he hasn't digested food properly since I have been feeding him a lot of fatty foods. He sleeps all day now instead of being…

My 1 year old chihuahua just recently got a bulge in his stomach. He moves very slowly as if it's really heavy. I assume that he hasn't digested food properly since I have been feeding him a lot of fatty foods. He sleeps all day now instead of being…...
    General Dog Discussions : How to help your dog poop/digest?...

• How to help your dog poop/digest?

How to help your dog poop/digest? General Dog Discussions
      My 1 year old chihuahua just recently got a bulge in his stomach. He moves very slowly as if it's really heavy. I assume that he hasn't digested food properly since I have been feeding him a lot of fatty foods. He sleeps all day now instead of being active. It's been 1 day. How do I get him to poop out the stuff that's stuck in his stomach?This is really scaring me. I can't afford to go to a vet.

How to help your dog poop/digest? General Dog Discussions
    • He may have swollowed something that is lodged in his intesines or stomach or something, it really sounds like he needs to be seen. I understand not having money but maybe someone can help you with that?Soap works as a laxative, so maybe a small soap sliver wrapped in something he likesOr theres the old matchstick trick, it sounds foul but it does work, you stick a regular match up his bottom, and he will definitely not like that, so he will work until he forces it out, usually with a bowel movement.If these things don't work then at least take him to a shelter where he can get the care he needs.