can an amoeba infested 2month old dog pass the bacteria to a 1yr old dog?

my neighbor's 2month old dog started excreting stool with blood yesterday and was taken to the vet early morning. vet said the neighbor's dog has amoeba.is this highly contagious???my 1yr old dog played with the infested dog for one whole day!

my neighbor's 2month old dog started excreting stool with blood yesterday and was taken to the vet early morning. vet said the neighbor's dog has amoeba.is this highly contagious???my 1yr old dog played with the infested dog for one whole day!...
    General Dog Discussions : can an amoeba infested 2month old dog pass the bacteria to a 1yr old dog?...

• can an amoeba infested 2month old dog pass the bacteria to a 1yr old dog?

can an amoeba infested 2month old dog pass the bacteria to a 1yr old dog? General Dog Discussions
      my neighbor's 2month old dog started excreting stool with blood yesterday and was taken to the vet early morning. vet said the neighbor's dog has amoeba.is this highly contagious???my 1yr old dog played with the infested dog for one whole day!

can an amoeba infested 2month old dog pass the bacteria to a 1yr old dog? General Dog Discussions
    • Are you sure he didn't say it was a bacteria?Regardless, if whatever it is is being shed in the feces then yes, there's a good chance of infection. The pup had to get it from somewhere. Honestly it sounds more like parvo than anything else and that is highly infectious.How about calling your vet and telling him exactly what your dog was exposed to. A call to your vet to find out if this is serious or not should not cost you anything. A good vet would rather you call and ask now than wait to see what happens.