How to make puppies drink milk from mommy dog?

My dog had 3 puppies.. but they cant find nipples to suck milk... its their 2nd day.. what to do? and at what age i can get them neutered and spayed?man, they suck milk but, i have to guide them.. and tell them where the nipple is.. and then they start…

My dog had 3 puppies.. but they cant find nipples to suck milk... its their 2nd day.. what to do? and at what age i can get them neutered and spayed?man, they suck milk but, i have to guide them.. and tell them where the nipple is.. and then they start…...
    General Dog Discussions : How to make puppies drink milk from mommy dog?...

• How to make puppies drink milk from mommy dog?

How to make puppies drink milk from mommy dog? General Dog Discussions
      My dog had 3 puppies.. but they cant find nipples to suck milk... its their 2nd day.. what to do? and at what age i can get them neutered and spayed?man, they suck milk but, i have to guide them.. and tell them where the nipple is.. and then they start sucking

How to make puppies drink milk from mommy dog? General Dog Discussions
    • HOLY COW - If those puppies haven't nursed in 2 days, they won't last much longer! Puppies should nurse within minutes of their birth and then every few hours thereafter. The first puppies born should get given a turn at the mother's nipples even before she completes delivery of the other pups. Something is very wrong and it could be the puppies have no sucking reflex!. You can take each puppy and place it up to the females nipples - you may have to assist them, but try to get one of her teats in their mouth. But, you really should get them to the vet ASAP!!

• You may have to shave or clip the hair around the teats if the mom has a lot of hair. I would also encourage you to get the puppies mouths checked by a vet for a cleft palate which makes forming a suction impossible. It seems unlikely that all would suffer from this, but this is the most common reason (other than being premature) for failure to nurse. Wet the puppy's mouth and teat and hold each one without competition to see if they are able to latch on.They can be spayed/neutered around 4 or 5 months.