Why is my dog making weird clicking sounds?

I have a small toy poodle and she keeps making this weird clicking sound with her tongue. It sounds like she has something stuck in her mouth or her mouth is really dry. I go over to check on her and she seems fine. Nothing is in her mouth. Can someone…

I have a small toy poodle and she keeps making this weird clicking sound with her tongue. It sounds like she has something stuck in her mouth or her mouth is really dry. I go over to check on her and she seems fine. Nothing is in her mouth. Can someone…...
    General Dog Discussions : Why is my dog making weird clicking sounds?...

• Why is my dog making weird clicking sounds?

Why is my dog making weird clicking sounds? General Dog Discussions
      I have a small toy poodle and she keeps making this weird clicking sound with her tongue. It sounds like she has something stuck in her mouth or her mouth is really dry. I go over to check on her and she seems fine. Nothing is in her mouth. Can someone help me out here?

Why is my dog making weird clicking sounds? General Dog Discussions
    • Doesn't it sound weird when you hear it?My dog does this when she goes on a walk. I hear this constant clicking going on all the time.One explanation I've heard is that it is the dogs way of taking in scents (apart from stopping to sniff directly that is). The sound is the dogs tongue hitting the top of their mouth - with the mouth being open.Others have suggested that maybe there is a blockage in the nose or a problem with the palette at the top of the dogs mouth. I haven't seen a vet to get my dog checked for any of these problems because she doesn't do it at all at home, only on walks. I guess you could get a vet check done and if she gets a clean bill of health then it's probably the scent thing.