My dog is breathing funny and acting weird?

My dog keeps breathing like he has the hiccups. He threw up a lot and it looked like a white liquid and he threw up hair. He keeps licking and making that hiccup noise. When he's on the floor he keeps licking the ground like he's trying to eat something.…

My dog keeps breathing like he has the hiccups. He threw up a lot and it looked like a white liquid and he threw up hair. He keeps licking and making that hiccup noise. When he's on the floor he keeps licking the ground like he's trying to eat something.…...
    General Dog Discussions : My dog is breathing funny and acting weird?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My dog is breathing funny and acting weird?

My dog is breathing funny and acting weird? General Dog Discussions
      My dog keeps breathing like he has the hiccups. He threw up a lot and it looked like a white liquid and he threw up hair. He keeps licking and making that hiccup noise. When he's on the floor he keeps licking the ground like he's trying to eat something. what could be wrong with him? Also earlier before he threw up he was heaving really bad.

My dog is breathing funny and acting weird? General Dog Discussions
    • Sounds like a virus, such as a cold. I'd get him to the vet as soon as possible. In the meantime, have him fast from food for about 24 hours to get his stomach to settle down (make sure he still has access to water - you don't want him to dehydrate). Afterwards, give him something light such as rice flavored with chicken. If he's not drinking water or can't hold it down, get him to the vet, even an emergency after hours clinic NOW.Good luck - and I hope he feels better soon!