What can cause dogs to have hoarse barks?

My dog is fine but I am just wondering...what can cause a dog to have a hoarse bark and can they die from it?Just curious..If I were the owner,I would have definatly got a vet's opinion.But this isn't my dog.Just one of the many irresponsible dog owners…

My dog is fine but I am just wondering...what can cause a dog to have a hoarse bark and can they die from it?Just curious..If I were the owner,I would have definatly got a vet's opinion.But this isn't my dog.Just one of the many irresponsible dog owners…...
    General Dog Discussions : What can cause dogs to have hoarse barks?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What can cause dogs to have hoarse barks?

What can cause dogs to have hoarse barks? General Dog Discussions
      My dog is fine but I am just wondering...what can cause a dog to have a hoarse bark and can they die from it?Just curious..If I were the owner,I would have definatly got a vet's opinion.But this isn't my dog.Just one of the many irresponsible dog owners in my neighborhood.

What can cause dogs to have hoarse barks? General Dog Discussions
    • Depends on how long it's been going on - if it was always that way, she could have had her vocal chords damaged. Some horrible people do things you don't want described so dogs cannot make too much noise when they bark - even though they still bark. If it just came on, it could be kennel cough or a more serious infection, or it could be irritation from pollen or other particulates. In this case, you need to see the vet, and you should be soaking her food and storing it in the fridge so it's nice and cool, and mushy going down. It could also be a heart problem and be as a result of fluid in the lungs- but a vet can assess that. They don't die directly of the hoarseness, but it does depend upon the cause. I would get it dagnosed.