Anyone familiar with eye problems in small dogs?

I have an 8 month old chihuahua mix. Recently I have been noticing at times of play or excitement his left eye goes a bit off center and the pink skin comes out from the corner of the eye. It doesn't seem painful to him, but is very weird-looking and…

I have an 8 month old chihuahua mix. Recently I have been noticing at times of play or excitement his left eye goes a bit off center and the pink skin comes out from the corner of the eye. It doesn't seem painful to him, but is very weird-looking and…...
    General Dog Discussions : Anyone familiar with eye problems in small dogs?...

• Anyone familiar with eye problems in small dogs?

Anyone familiar with eye problems in small dogs? General Dog Discussions
      I have an 8 month old chihuahua mix. Recently I have been noticing at times of play or excitement his left eye goes a bit off center and the pink skin comes out from the corner of the eye. It doesn't seem painful to him, but is very weird-looking and unnerving to witness. By rubbing the area around his eye, it seems to correct itself... so I am stumped.I plan on taking him to his veterinarian for a professional opinion, but I just wanted to see if anyone has had any similar issues with their dogs?

Anyone familiar with eye problems in small dogs? General Dog Discussions
    • i have 3 basset hounds they have eye problems one was similar to yours the vet called it cherry eye it need looking at and after a small opp is so much better so glade your taking him to vet shows your a good mum don't panic i am sure he will be ok but go to vet asp