How old are puppies when the mother chills on being protective and can be around dogs N slow kill HW treatment?

My dad found a mother dog and her puppy living in a sewer last week. He called animal control 2 days in a row and they did not pick her up so he went on thursday or friday and picked her and her puppy himself and took them to the pound. Well he called…

How old are puppies when the mother chills on being protective and can be around dogs N slow kill HW treatment?

My dad found a mother dog and her puppy living in a sewer last week. He called animal control 2 days in a row and they did not pick her up so he went on thursday or friday and picked her and her puppy himself and took them to the pound. Well he called…...
    General Dog Discussions : How old are puppies when the mother chills on being protective and can be around dogs N slow kill HW treatment?...

• How old are puppies when the mother chills on being protective and can be around dogs N slow kill HW treatment?

How old are puppies when the mother chills on being protective and can be around dogs N slow kill HW treatment? General Dog Discussions
      My dad found a mother dog and her puppy living in a sewer last week. He called animal control 2 days in a row and they did not pick her up so he went on thursday or friday and picked her and her puppy himself and took them to the pound. Well he called today to check on them and they told him they were putting mom and the puppy to sleep cause mom is in bad shape and the baby is only 5 weeks and too young to be adopted.My parents went and picked them back up and took them to the family vet. The mom is only 23lbs and the vet said she should be 45lbs...she is also slight HW positive and is too frail for any treatments. The puppy is healthy other than the normal worms. Well my parents have 5 dogs and no rescues would take them. My parents have a fenced in yard with a big dog run in it so they put puppy and mom in the dog run since they have 4 dogs inside.THe mother is fine when my moms female dogs approach the fence but if the male does she tries to kill him through the fence.My parents are going to keep the puppy another 3-4 weeks then rehome him and they are going to start mom on the slow kill (heartguard) HW treatment when she goes back to the vet in 2 weeks and then eventually rehome her.So my question is how long should they wait before they try to introduce her to the other dogs? I believe the stray I took in was fine around my other dog when her pups were 6-7 weeks old but she lived with them before the pups were born not introduced when the pup was born.So any idea when and how is the best way to try to introduce them? She was thinking in about 2 weeks.And has anyone used the slow kill HW treatment on a dog?

How old are puppies when the mother chills on being protective and can be around dogs N slow kill HW treatment? General Dog Discussions