Has anyone had success treating their dog's chronic anxiety with VET PRESCRIBED drugs?

If so, I'd love to hear what worked (or didn't) for you. Also, what dosage it took for it to be effective.Thanks!

Has anyone had success treating their dog's chronic anxiety with VET PRESCRIBED drugs?

If so, I'd love to hear what worked (or didn't) for you. Also, what dosage it took for it to be effective.Thanks!...
    General Dog Discussions : Has anyone had success treating their dog's chronic anxiety with VET PRESCRIBED drugs?...

• Has anyone had success treating their dog's chronic anxiety with VET PRESCRIBED drugs?

Has anyone had success treating their dog's chronic anxiety with VET PRESCRIBED drugs? General Dog Discussions
      If so, I'd love to hear what worked (or didn't) for you. Also, what dosage it took for it to be effective.Thanks!

Has anyone had success treating their dog's chronic anxiety with VET PRESCRIBED drugs? General Dog Discussions
    • My last dog developed a very bad case of separation anxiety - we think due to a combination of a move and age-related hearing loss. The vet prescribed fluoxetine (generic Prozac). I think we started off with 30 or 40 mg per day, and eventually went down to 20mg (for a 60lb. dog). Along with behavior modification and desensitization, it worked very well for her.

• I'd have the dog thoroughly evaluated by a behaviorist to find out the cause of the anxiety, then develop a behavior modification plan to erraticate the anxiety at its source instead of masking it with drugs. Your dog will be happier, healthier, and you'll have no need to give him/her drugs.