How big will my lab/gs/collie mix get? Any guesses?

Ok, I know no one will know for sure... but figured maybe somewhere out there has a dog that is similar and can give me a guess on how big he will get. I'm house shopping to rent and some don't allow large pets... I know he's going to be big, but not…

Ok, I know no one will know for sure... but figured maybe somewhere out there has a dog that is similar and can give me a guess on how big he will get. I'm house shopping to rent and some don't allow large pets... I know he's going to be big, but not…...
    General Dog Discussions : How big will my lab/gs/collie mix get? Any guesses?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How big will my lab/gs/collie mix get? Any guesses?

How big will my lab/gs/collie mix get? Any guesses? General Dog Discussions
      Ok, I know no one will know for sure... but figured maybe somewhere out there has a dog that is similar and can give me a guess on how big he will get. I'm house shopping to rent and some don't allow large pets... I know he's going to be big, but not sure how big. My last lab/gs mix was 65lbs or so, 70 in the winter when not as active. Anyways hes now 13 weeks old, at 6 weeks was 7-4/10 lbs, 7 weeks 9-8/10, 8 weeks 12-2/10, 9 weeks 14-8/10, 10 weeks 17, 11 weeks 20, 12 weeks 23-2/10, and at the vet today was 26.5lbs. He's definetly growing like a weed and I'm guessing hes going to be around 75lbs. He's not overweight as you can see the outline of his last 2 ribs. Pretty active and spends alot of time running and playing with other dogs. So anyone want to guess? And he has pretty big paws, but not overly huge for his size.I should add his father was supposedly 100% lab, no idea on size, mother was half collie and german shepherd. She looked to be around 65lbs if I were to guess.

How big will my lab/gs/collie mix get? Any guesses? General Dog Discussions
    • As a guess-about 70 lbs. If you can find out what the father weighed that would help. In my experience, usually the pups are close to the mother's size, even if dad was bigger. If he was one of those really enormous labs (my neighbot had one that maybe was 110-115 pounds!) then add a bit more.Get a place with room to run or plan to go for lots of walks/runs. All these dogs you mentioned are active and athletic.Live well and do good.