How many sq feet do I need for my two pooches?

I'm trying to figure out what sort of sq footage i need for a fenced in space for them. They are two females. one is a 4yr old Husky mix weighing approximately 70lbs, the other is a 3yr old chocolate lab weighting approximately 60. Currently I'm thinking…

I'm trying to figure out what sort of sq footage i need for a fenced in space for them. They are two females. one is a 4yr old Husky mix weighing approximately 70lbs, the other is a 3yr old chocolate lab weighting approximately 60. Currently I'm thinking…...
    General Dog Discussions : How many sq feet do I need for my two pooches?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How many sq feet do I need for my two pooches?

How many sq feet do I need for my two pooches? General Dog Discussions
      I'm trying to figure out what sort of sq footage i need for a fenced in space for them. They are two females. one is a 4yr old Husky mix weighing approximately 70lbs, the other is a 3yr old chocolate lab weighting approximately 60. Currently I'm thinking of starting out with 225sq ft (15 x15 x6high) , there will be the option to add on more in the future, but I'm trying to find a good starting point as I don't want it to be too small. This will be their primary living space as the husky doesn't stay in the yard and scares my neighbors due to her size and wild hair (no idea what she was mixed with as she came from a rescue but it makes her hair look like it stands on end). Is 225sq ft enough or do I need to think about a 20 x20. i just want them to have a nice outdoor space. I'll be purchasing the "kennel kits" so I can take it down when we move. I don't rent, I live with my parents and spouse on their land. (we're both students) But they're my babies and i don't intend on them living with my parents but moving with my husband and I when I get into vet school. Key factors are it hold bowls &toys for them and two large dog houses and of course enough space to run and play.

How many sq feet do I need for my two pooches? General Dog Discussions