Arguing on how to raise the dog (Hybrid) ?

This is only the second wolf hybrid I've been ever been around. the first one was 78% Timber Wolf and German Sheppard. and she was my boyfriend’s Pet. We moved in together when she was around 18 months He received her when she was around 11…

This is only the second wolf hybrid I've been ever been around. the first one was 78% Timber Wolf and German Sheppard. and she was my boyfriend’s Pet. We moved in together when she was around 18 months He received her when she was around 11…...
    General Dog Discussions : Arguing on how to raise the dog (Hybrid) ?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Arguing on how to raise the dog (Hybrid) ?

Arguing on how to raise the dog (Hybrid) ? General Dog Discussions
      This is only the second wolf hybrid I've been ever been around. the first one was 78% Timber Wolf and German Sheppard. and she was my boyfriend’s Pet. We moved in together when she was around 18 months He received her when she was around 11 months. She was completely his dog an only stayed near him or merged with the family when he was coming home. She tolerated and was very nice and obeyed me and my 5 children and then later my grandchildren, but she was only truly happy when he was around and never leaving his side. She was a wonderful loyal wolf hybrid for 12 years until she passed away due to an accident with a bone. Chuck wanted us to adopt another one within a month of her passing. I agreed knowing that he needed that companionship. We choose a 3month old female we named JOSIE GIRL from a kennel in VA where I was able to meet the parents, grandparents and great grandfather. She is 93% McKenzie valley wolf and 7% Sheppard. I had to make sure she was breed and raised to respect people, because I have small children in the house. I thought that Chuck and I were on the same page as for how the pup should act. She is now almost a year old and weighs 75LBS and still growing. We took her to classes for obedience training, but she only listens when she wants to. She does listen to me most of the time, but Chuck thinks I'm being mean to her. I feel like we have a child and can’t agree on how to raise her. I think she should listen every time you tell her to do something or stop something. You should not have to bribe her to go to bed if she knows what you are saying. You can reward her but not coax. One of my main problems is when we went on a vacation for a week and came back, she now hunches down and urinates a little puddle when I address her, and people say that she is being submissive. But she use to just roll over on her back. Chuck says she is afraid of me, but she always comes over to me whenever she sees me without me calling or looking at her. How can I get her to not respond to me is this way? (Like she is afraid). I took her to the vet to make sure nothing was wrong with her. The vet says that I am the alpha and she is trying to be very submissive so that I don’t leave her again. I don't want the alpha role if this is what is happening. I want her to be his dog like his other one. How can I get her to change? She does pee at some guest, but not all. What kind of other training should she have? Josie Girl is registered with the World Wide Kennel Club and so were the last three generations. She is stubborn but we have to be more stubborn then she is. Wolf- Hybrids are a lot of work we have to watch her every minute or she’s into something new. Don’t get one unless you put in the time I don’t know for how many more years or months it will take to train her to come when called. Stop chewing, Jumping, Pulling on the lease or jumping over the couch, but they really are a loyal companion. Not a watchdog.

Arguing on how to raise the dog (Hybrid) ? General Dog Discussions
    • Hay I have a hybrid too she is 50% sib husky 50% wolf they do make great companions but you know I never heard of someone having trouble with there hybrid being too submissive.. Your not being mean if josie girl knows how to do a command and you give her one she should comply.How often is your boyfriend home with her does he let her get away with stuff if so then she thinks she is the alpha of him.I know this might sound totally stupid but try calling her in a high pitch excited voice and when she comes with out peeing praise her show her there is nothing to be afraid of.Best of luck I hope everything works out.