Dog cake recipes! It's for my best friend!?

My baby is turning 2, on August 5th. He's a big dog 95lbs. But hes my best friend, and I know this day won't mean as much to him as it does to me but I want to do it anyways.I used to have a book full of recipes for dogs(but we're moving and I can't seem…

My baby is turning 2, on August 5th. He's a big dog 95lbs. But hes my best friend, and I know this day won't mean as much to him as it does to me but I want to do it anyways.I used to have a book full of recipes for dogs(but we're moving and I can't seem…...
    General Dog Discussions : Dog cake recipes! It's for my best friend!?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Dog cake recipes! It's for my best friend!?

Dog cake recipes! It's for my best friend!? General Dog Discussions
      My baby is turning 2, on August 5th. He's a big dog 95lbs. But hes my best friend, and I know this day won't mean as much to him as it does to me but I want to do it anyways.I used to have a book full of recipes for dogs(but we're moving and I can't seem to find it)Can anyone give me a recipe suited for a big dog, either cookies, or a cake. Maybe something my cats could eat too.Thanks xxand whats a good birthday present for a dog? A bone and some toys?My dog is my best friend so I want this to be super special I want him to have all the attention.The difference between that is the cats aren't my pets there my sisters so I'm not as close to them as I am my golden. I choose him, I trained him, I do everything for/with him.

Dog cake recipes! It's for my best friend!? General Dog Discussions
    • Your dogs and cats would absolutely LOVE some raw, meaty bones."I know this day won't mean as much to him"Actually, the day won't mean a thing to him. As for him getting all the attention that day..while that's a nice thought..not going to happen since you have other animals.Edit: Ok, yeah, if they aren't your cats, then that's a different story. But you can still give them raw, meaty, bones. Cats are carnivores as well.Edit: With baked goods and such, being as your dog isn't used to them, neither are they really very healthy, expect upset stomach, diarrhea, constipation, etc. Not trying to be mean, but people who feed their dogs things that really aren't healthy don't realize the consequences the poor dog will suffer later.

• This is all really nice and sweet and fuzzy feeling....but you do understand that he's a DOG...and he doesn care, realize or has the brain capacity to see "his birthday" as anything other than just another day.....

• Here are some good ones!1 cup white or whole wheat flour1 tsp baking soda1/4 cup peanut butter1/4 cup vegetable oil1 cup shredded carrots1 tsp vanilla1/3 cup honey1 eggDirections:Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)Mix together flour and baking soda. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into a ring mold sprayed with a nonstick spray for 40 minutes.Frost this cake with low fat cottage cheese and decorate with carrot pieces. Store in refrigerator.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Banana Carob Chip Dog Birthday Cake2 cups water2 ripe bananas1/8 tsp vanilla3 cups whole wheat flour1/2 Tbs baking powder1 egg2 Tbs honey1/2 cup carob chipsDirections:Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)In a mixing bowl combine water, bananas, vanilla, egg and honey. Add whole wheat flour and baking powder. Mix well. Pour mixture into an 8-inch cake pan sprayed with a nonstick spray. Sprinkle carob chips on top. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Banana Peanut Dog Birthday Party Cake2/3 cup ripe mashed bananas1/2 cup softened safflower margarine3 large eggs3/4 cup Water2 cups unbleached white flour2 tsp baking powder1 tsp baking soda2 tsp cinnamon1/2 cup chopped peanutsDirections:Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)In mixing bowl, beat together mashed banana and butter until creamy. Add eggs and water. Beat well. Stir in dry ingredients. Beat until smooth. Add nuts. Spoon batter evenly into oiled and floured bundt pan. Bake for about 35 minutes. Cool on wire rack 5 minutes, remove from pan, replace on rack and cool.To make Banana Carob frosting, combine the following ingredients and blend thoroughly:2 cups ripe banana, mashed1 Tbs butter6 Tbs carob powder2 tsp vanilla3 Tbs Unbleached flour1 tsp cinnamon-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Carob Frosting:Combine the following ingredients and blend thoroughly:12 ounces nonfat cream cheese (room temperature)3 tsp carob1 tsp vanilla1 tsp honeyMakes One 8-inch cake.______________________________________________________________Banana mutt cookies3 cups bananas -- mashed1 tsp. vanilla6 cups oats1 cup peanuts -- chopped1/3 cup applesauce -- unsweetenedPreheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together thoroughly. Useteaspoon to drop on baking sheet sprayed with a nonstick cooking spray andpress flat. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until slightly brown.Cool on a rack and store in an airtight container. Yield: approximately2 dozen cookies. ______________________________________________If you want to go all out, target sells vet approved dog bone shaped cake pan on their online store!My dogs love these recipes! And i make them the occasional cookie that i bake onto a rawhide bone/stick thingy so its like a lollipop (like in this video around 2:52 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE3o_MOAPUA)