my dog has severe itching,our vet has us give him childrens benadryl,can he get once a month steroid shots?

people have told me thats what their vet does,maybe mines too young,hes 10mo's.He scratches &bites himself so much that he gets sores and looses hair.Any help?Thanks for all the good answers,1st of all I love this pup with all I have,& I would only want…

my dog has severe itching,our vet has us give him childrens benadryl,can he get once a month steroid shots?

people have told me thats what their vet does,maybe mines too young,hes 10mo's.He scratches &bites himself so much that he gets sores and looses hair.Any help?Thanks for all the good answers,1st of all I love this pup with all I have,& I would only want…...
    General Dog Discussions : my dog has severe itching,our vet has us give him childrens benadryl,can he get once a month steroid shots?...

• my dog has severe itching,our vet has us give him childrens benadryl,can he get once a month steroid shots?

my dog has severe itching,our vet has us give him childrens benadryl,can he get once a month steroid shots? General Dog Discussions
      people have told me thats what their vet does,maybe mines too young,hes 10mo's.He scratches &bites himself so much that he gets sores and looses hair.Any help?Thanks for all the good answers,1st of all I love this pup with all I have,& I would only want whats best thats why i'm asking for others advice.I bought this puppy for 1400.00,just because as soon as saw him I knew We were meant to be together.The pet store told me the vet I "HAD" to take him to,4 days alter he was admitted to this vet. hosp. and they told us he would not live the nite,well he did,to make a long story short the vet said he would go to court to testify that this pet store was selling sick animals,I can return my puppy for another,yeah right,but that doesn't resolve all the problems my poor little guy will have for the rest of his life.Thats why I'm asking about skin problems.

my dog has severe itching,our vet has us give him childrens benadryl,can he get once a month steroid shots? General Dog Discussions