what was your initial reason you wanted to own a dog?

Mine is a long story...about 10 years ago, i got a pomeranian puppy from a local pet store. the reason why was because my then boyfriend was a pet (dogs and cats) lover and i was afraid of dogs. so i thought if i can live with one then i can proof to him…

Mine is a long story...about 10 years ago, i got a pomeranian puppy from a local pet store. the reason why was because my then boyfriend was a pet (dogs and cats) lover and i was afraid of dogs. so i thought if i can live with one then i can proof to him…...
    General Dog Discussions : what was your initial reason you wanted to own a dog?...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• what was your initial reason you wanted to own a dog?

what was your initial reason you wanted to own a dog? General Dog Discussions
      Mine is a long story...about 10 years ago, i got a pomeranian puppy from a local pet store. the reason why was because my then boyfriend was a pet (dogs and cats) lover and i was afraid of dogs. so i thought if i can live with one then i can proof to him that i can also be a pet lover. but only after 2 months i'd had the puppy, we broke up and little did i know, taking care of a puppy wasn't easy...it was a really bad experience. after a few months, i gave it to a friend who is a dog lover and now she has been with my friend for the 10 years already.however, since then, i am NEVER afraid of dogs and started to love them. 10 years later, my husband (not the same guy as 10 years ago) and I are happy to have Marty, our now 20 weeks old yellow lab puppy. we both are dog lovers and we treat Marty as our own son. this time, we educated ourselves on how to be a good dog owner a year in advance, We also visited a few potential breeders and we did a lot of research on how to take care of puppy and things we need to know about Labrador Retrievers. we we strive to give him the best we can. We enjoy bringing Marty out to parks, he definitely give us a lot of joy and the best is to bring my husband and i closer in our relationship.

what was your initial reason you wanted to own a dog? General Dog Discussions